Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
dhboone
dhboone began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3
Convert ePub to PDF

I'm using Calibre 8.60 to convert an ePub file to PDF for my iPad 3. Although I've selected the PDF as the output format with portait mode, the output gets convert to a PDF in landscape rather than portrait. How do I get Calibre to convert the ePub file to PDF portrait?
dhboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I don't know the answer to your question, but why convert it to PDF? Wouldn't reading it on your iPad as an ePub be easier?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But use Bluefire Reader instead of iBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhboone View Post
I'm using Calibre 8.60 to convert an ePub file to PDF for my iPad 3. Although I've selected the PDF as the output format with portait mode, the output gets convert to a PDF in landscape rather than portrait. How do I get Calibre to convert the ePub file to PDF portrait?
um...why? The iPad has this really good app called Bluefire Reader that can handle your ePub directly without having to do the conversion that actually won't work well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote