Notices

Old 09-06-2009, 02:05 AM   #1
ondabeach
Groupie
ondabeach doesn't litterondabeach doesn't litter

Device: HTC touch Diamond, Ipaq 3115
Talking ZuluReader for PC beta release

Hi all,

The first beta release of ZuluReader for PC is now available for download at www.ZuluExpress.com. It is not just an ePUB reader but also an ePUB editor/creator and library manager. You can change the image cover or add a Table Of Contents with a few clicks of the mouse.
If you have a Windows Mobile powered device you can easily copy ePUBs between your computer and device. I plan to interface with more devices when I get my hands on the drivers etc for devices such as the iPhone, Sony PRS etc etc.
It is a beta release and I have plans for many more features and improvements. Download and try it out and let me know what you think. You can email me any thoughts on improvements and or extra features at stevedales@gmail.com.

Enjoy!
ondabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
ondabeach
Groupie

oops

Hi all,

I forgot to mention that you need to have MS .net framework and MS Activesync installed before you install ZuluReader. Sorry about that, my bad.

MS .net framework is a must and is included on your Windows CD but is not installed by default, it can also be downloaded from here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en).

MS ActiveSync is required to communicate with Win Mobile Devices and currently ZR won't install correctly without it, it can be downloaded from here (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-download.mspx)

I will change the ZR install so that MS Activesync is not a pre-requisite on an update ASAP.

Cheers,

Steve.
Advert
Old 09-07-2009, 06:51 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondabeach View Post
Hi all,

I forgot to mention that you need to have MS .net framework and MS Activesync installed before you install ZuluReader. Sorry about that, my bad.

I will change the ZR install so that MS Activesync is not a pre-requisite on an update ASAP.

Cheers,

Steve.
Oh, that's why it wouldn't install and quickly went to the recycling bin!

Please post again when you have fixed it.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:53 AM   #4
ondabeach
Groupie

No worries Alex, do you have a Windows Mobile device and if so what kind is it?
Old 09-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I have tried the Zulu with a few run of the mill ePubs (one of my own made with Calibre and one made with Stanza) and it works quite well.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2009, 07:59 AM   #6
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Hi Ondabeach

I'd like to try this with my Samsung Omnia, does it work with Windows Mobile Device Center? Since I have Vista on my PC, Active Sync is not an option.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #7
ondabeach
Groupie

Was that on a mobile device or PC?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Hi Ondabeach

I'd like to try this with my Samsung Omnia, does it work with Windows Mobile Device Center? Since I have Vista on my PC, Active Sync is not an option.
It won't work without Active Sync, Slite. At least it didn't, for me! Turning the view in my netbook to portrait mode seems to be difficult, too!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #9
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
The Samsung Omnia is my WindowsMobile based smartphone. My PC runs Vista. In vista they replaced the ActiveSync software with Windows Mobile Device Center.

I haven't tried to install this software yet, thats why I asked if it would work with vista based PC's.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #10
ondabeach
Groupie

Yes it should work with MDC as the rapi.dll file is supposed to support it. Let me know how you go.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #11
ondabeach
Groupie

Check out this link

http://netbookmag.wordpress.com/2008...ith-eeerotate/
Old 09-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #12
mtravellerh
book creator

Actually, turning the screen is not the problem. The problem lies with Zulu, as the Zulu Reader won't switch to one page display, but instead displays two very narrow pages. Any tip to prevent this?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #13
ondabeach
Groupie

Yes, I had planned to have a single page view, I just didn't think many people were using portrait screens yet. It is a simple modification, I will get onto it over the next few days and put the update on my site. I'll post here when it is ready.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #14
ondabeach
Groupie

Okay, I have added a new button to the Reader Toolbar that allows you to switch between one and two page layout. The update is on the site for downloading. Please keep the suggestions coming
Old 09-08-2009, 04:16 AM   #15
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondabeach View Post
Okay, I have added a new button to the Reader Toolbar that allows you to switch between one and two page layout. The update is on the site for downloading. Please keep the suggestions coming
Thanks for the quick reply. Works fine now. Crutledge's ePubs display really badly, btw? Any ideas?