Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Question Clock without flashing?

I'm a newbie and my PRS-505 has firmware 1.1.01.25200 on it. I really don't like the idea of downgrading the firmware since the only hack that I think I'd use would be the clock. Is there a way to install the clock hack without having to reflash the firmware?

Thanks for any help!
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Not that I know... You're going to have to flash it, or buy a watch
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2009, 06:01 AM   #3
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Having looked at the customiser, I've been wondering this too. It would be a much simpler program to develop than the customiser. Would be really great if some nice techie would devise this.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
I have a new 505 with the same firmware as the OP. Looking to get the clock and uniform font size on it, but I also don't want to downgrade the firmware. (It's been a long time since I last flashed a 505!!) So, is there really no way to hack the 1.1.01.25200 fw without downgrading or messing things up?
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:33 AM   #5
Chloe
Chloe began at the beginning.

Device: Chloe
Clock without flashing

We need to delete all the code on our cRIO, is there any way to do this without flashing our cRIO? We are currently trying to flash it but this is normally VERRY painful. We will let you know if we find any other way...
Chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
What is cRIO and why flashing it is "painful"?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote