Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #46
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
The people who are complaining say that they lost their progress with the latest update, and that the app offers to pay for levels they have already passed. That seems a good reason to complain to me... Did you install the latest upgrade?
I didn't have it on my iPad now that I checked. I've been playing on my Windows Phone, since the screen and audio is beautiful on my 520 compared to the Mini. But I just loaded it on my Touch.

It DOES ask you to unlock (most are already though), but it only asks you ONCE, and never asks again.

Losing progress is a common issue with games (Look up FEZ on the Xbox 360 and see how Microsoft won't even let him fix the issue without paying extra money to get certified again). I only recently played the remastered Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and my original save can't even move past Hidden Palace Zone. So I had to redo all 7 levels.

On the Windows Phone version of Rayman Jungle Run, there's even an empty level where you die the moment it opens.

It's a problem with the SDKs the developers use. For that reason, you never want to upgrade a game unless you're finished or willing to try again.

Honestly, it took me five minutes to get to level 8 on Rayman just now anyway. People will make a big deal, but it's part of the territory. These games are meant for you to play once then throw out or start over again.

Most likely some of those people even skipped an update or two aswell. Lots of things can be the problem.

Is it acceptable? No. But it's how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Here in 'merica, we get some good ole southern boys - Kings of Leon

Ain't never heard of 'em; till now
"Because of the Times" is my favorite album of theirs. Everything afterwards is blah. Although I like "Sex on Fire".
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:00 AM   #47
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
This morning in France, Minion Madness, three short movies of the Despicable Me series. At first I was unimpressed, but the preview was cute so I downloaded them. I haven't seen the long movies so I may not get all the references. Supposing I ever watch them.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2014, 07:03 AM   #48
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Unless it glitched out on me, Day 10 in Japan was being able to rent the movie for free. The buy option had a price. I currently have no wifi so it looks like I won't be able to take advantage of this one.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Day 10 in the US is an episode of Sesame Street - "Great Vibrations" (season 43, episode 12)

...like, wow
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:25 AM   #50
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Day 11 in the US is an app - Mr Crab

...oh great, an app that requires iOS 7. Nothing like giving away content that locks out a sizable chunk of idevices. Looks like a cool game, but I'll never know.
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 05:35 AM   #51
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Day 11 in the US is an app - Mr Crab

...oh great, an app that requires iOS 7. Nothing like giving away content that locks out a sizable chunk of idevices. Looks like a cool game, but I'll never know.
Same here in France. I hadn't noticed it's iOS 7 only. But have you tried buying it anyway? Normally you should be able to install the last version compatible with your OS. That's how it's supposed to work since iOS 7, and it was about time if you ask me.

The game has good reviews, but I don't think it's my kind of game.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:02 AM   #52
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
I wasn't a fan of the game.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #53
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Day 12 is a Rolling Stones Live EP.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sw...de/id734514372

Mr. Crab is pretty fun. It's like a runner, but goes in circles on platforms you have to climb up. Kinda childish looking, but otherwise nice.

Don't know why it doesn't work on iOS 6 though?
Old 01-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #54
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Day 12 is a Rolling Stones Live EP.
They're giving away Day 12 a day early?
Old 01-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #55
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Mr. Crab is pretty fun. It's like a runner, but goes in circles on platforms you have to climb up. Kinda childish looking, but otherwise nice.

Don't know why it doesn't work on iOS 6 though?
Gotta ask the developers that.

As soon as my iPod touch 4 starts losing compatibility with my must-have audio apps (Audible, Amazon MP3, TuneIn Radio, AOL Radio, Pandora, OverDrive, etc), I'm kissing Apple goodbye.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #56
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Same here in France. I hadn't noticed it's iOS 7 only. But have you tried buying it anyway? Normally you should be able to install the last version compatible with your OS. That's how it's supposed to work since iOS 7, and it was about time if you ask me.
I didn't realize it was iOS 7 until after I got it. Now it's trying to install itself on my iPt4, but that ain't gonna happen. I'd ask Siri for advice, but Siri doesn't like my iPod.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #57
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
They're giving away Day 12 a day early?
It's already the next day somewhere. And they update the prices all at the same time.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #58
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
It's already the next day somewhere. And they update the prices all at the same time.
Oh... I'll pass on these songs too. The Stones suck big time! The last good song they had was in 1974 with "It's Only Rock 'n Roll". They should've retired then. As to this collection, "Beast of Burden" and "Tumbling Dice" are really stupid, insipid songs and not worth listening to; let alone downloading. "Doom & Gloom" is okay, but it's a live performance and the Stones are a horrible live act.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #59
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Couldn't agree more.

Sadly all these releases of really crappy b-sides, bootlegs, unreleased material, etc, is being done for the benefit of record companies wanting to keep the copyright intact.

I think if Apple didn't give us freebies every week like they are doing now, that the 12 days this year would have been better. Last years was much better.

But then so was the music in 2012. 2013 was mostly overhyped garbage with leftovers, with very few good releases at the beginning of the year.

It was the year of the single. In the case of mainstream acts anyway.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #60
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I got Mr. Crab for my kids but I haven't seen anything else I've wanted. I like Hugo but it's on Netflix now and I'm happy with that, even though it won't be there forever.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote