Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
Falchetta
Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Ipad with Kobo and Kindle apps
Question Clarification on Kobo Pulse for iPad

I have a question on the Kobo Pulse on the iPad app. I'm assuming that to actually see any of the comments, likes, statistics etc. for a particular book one needs to be signed into Facebook. What I was wondering, when one does sign in, how much of one's library is visible to Facebook friends?

The app does ask me if I wish to share a book (when i open or start a new one) to which i have declined so far, but I just wanted to know, if i do sign into Facebook to see/use the Pulse feature, does that share all my books? does it only share the book i'm looking at in Pulse? or can i check out/read people's comments in Pulse without sharing my book and especially my entire library with my Facebook friends?

Basically, I just want to use/read the Pulse feature, without sharing my book(s) on Facebook.

I apologize if this has already been asked, but i didn't see anything when i did a quick search. Thank you for your help.
Falchetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #2
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
I use the iPod Touch version which is very similar (might be same app not 100%)

There is an option in the app which allows friends to see your library, this can be turned off if required (stats sharing can be turned off in the same way)

I have never had anything auto post to facebook, only the things i have done manually

I do have a separate kobo account that i log in with, then log into facebook after using this,I dont use facebook id as my main log in (not sure if this makes a difference)

hope some of that makes sense
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert