Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 05-19-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Baker, Olaf: Shasta of the Wolves. v1. 19 May 07

Here is a book by Olaf Baker, written in 1919. It's a book about a Native American baby that's found in the woods by a she-wolf. The wolf takes the baby back to her den with plans to eat (!) the baby later, but her "spirit of the wild" instinct takes over and she chooses to raise the baby along with her cubs.

So the baby grows up among the wolves and becomes a creature of the forest. Alas, like all children who grow up among creatures of the forest, he soon comes into contact with his human tribe and bad things happen.

This book is strange in that it sorta seems like a children's book, but it has some pretty scary scenes. I've read that it can be compared to Rudyard Kipling's "Mowgli," but I have to confess that I haven't read that book.

I've never heard of this book and only started reading it last night, so if anyone has any memories or reviews of it, let us know. Enjoy!
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote