Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #46
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
It's not happening on mine either. It works fine.

Carol
Not happening on mine, either.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:28 AM   #47
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
What version do u have of dolphin mini?

Last edited by salsaguy; 12-24-2011 at 03:30 AM. Reason: typeo
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:58 AM   #48
markkenzy
Enthusiast
markkenzy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook simple touch, Kindle Fire
I always use Dolphin browser HD... I think it's the best for android . Silk...err, I sometimes use Silk when I want to enjoy the full version webpage instead of the mobile version .
markkenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #49
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
What version do u have of dolphin mini?

Dolphin Mini 2.2: http://www.1mobile.com/dolphin-browser-mini-79961.html
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #50
neadams99
neadams99 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2, 3, KFire, Samsung Epic 4G
I've spent three hours today trying to solve this issue I'm having, so I hope this is the right forum to ask. I've got Dolfin Mini 2.2 running since I got the Fire (mid-Nov) and I love it. Thanks to Blossom, Obsessed and others for all the info on sideloading apps.
One big problem: when I am in certain open public hot spots (e.g. public library or a coffeshop), I can't get their web's opening authorization page to load so I can access the web. You know, the one which asks you to agree to their "terms and conditions of use". Hence, I've got the wi-fi network on and set up but not internet access. Thus, no email, no shopping, no downloading, no browsing, no maps...you get the idea.
I was using Dolfin Mini exclusively (as a default), which I changed earlier this AM {Thanks to Obsessed for the instx on doing that}. I've tried so many different things to resolve this but to no avail. No info is avail on AMZN's website or on the Dolfin blog either. BTW, the same issue comes up in Silk. ANY ideas? Anyone, anyone, Beuller??
neadams99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #51
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I have been using Dolphin HD with no problems whatsoever. It's fast and the fullscreen mode is a huge improvement over the stock browser.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #52
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
neadams99
Why not just use the default silk browser to log in to the places security portal first and THEN switch to Dolphin once you are in.

Last edited by salsaguy; 01-07-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: fire's typeo
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #53
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neadams99 View Post
I've spent three hours today trying to solve this issue I'm having, so I hope this is the right forum to ask. I've got Dolfin Mini 2.2 running since I got the Fire (mid-Nov) and I love it. Thanks to Blossom, Obsessed and others for all the info on sideloading apps.
One big problem: when I am in certain open public hot spots (e.g. public library or a coffeshop), I can't get their web's opening authorization page to load so I can access the web. You know, the one which asks you to agree to their "terms and conditions of use". Hence, I've got the wi-fi network on and set up but not internet access. Thus, no email, no shopping, no downloading, no browsing, no maps...you get the idea.
I was using Dolfin Mini exclusively (as a default), which I changed earlier this AM {Thanks to Obsessed for the instx on doing that}. I've tried so many different things to resolve this but to no avail. No info is avail on AMZN's website or on the Dolfin blog either. BTW, the same issue comes up in Silk. ANY ideas? Anyone, anyone, Beuller??
First try changing the User Agent in Dolphin Mini or Silk to Desktop and see if that makes a difference. Additionally, Dolphin Mini 's User Agent can be set to iPhone or Ipad, who knows that may work. Like Silk, Dolphin Mini uses accelerated browsing so this may be the issue. As far as I know accelerated browsing can't be turned off in Dolphin Mini. However, in Silk try turning off popup blocker and accelerated browsing and give it a try. You can try another browser like Miren that doesn't compress pages (accelerate) by default (turn off pop-up blocker: Settings --> Web page) and see if that works. Once you agree to the TOS you should be able to browse with any browser.

Last edited by obsessed2; 01-07-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #54
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by neadams99 View Post
Don't know if this will help, but sometimes if just trying to access the web through an app, it will not load. I have to actually bring up the browser and then it will bring up the permission page to access the hot spot.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #55
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Don't know if this will help, but sometimes if just trying to access the web through an app, it will not load. I have to actually bring up the browser and then it will bring up the permission page to access the hot spot.

Carol

Good point. I thought neadams99 may have already tried that, but after re-reading the post I'm not 100% sure.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #56
neadams99
neadams99 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2, 3, KFire, Samsung Epic 4G
Well, yes I did try that idea of loading the web not going through any specific app, which did work onmy phone. I did try via Silk too and got "network error". I also tried and failed to retype the excruciatingly long web URL which my EPIC Aneroid phone went to straightway while trying to get online from same hotspot. I'll try again w/ pop ups unblocked in Silk and changing out the User agent in Dolfin mini. Hope that one of these is the fix.
neadams99 is offline   Reply With Quote