Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
program freezing up?

I'm new to Sigil and don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just a quirk of the program, but when I load a file or highlight for a chapter link I notice the program freezes for a moment or two and I get a "Not Responding" message. Is this normal for Sigil?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I'm new to Sigil and don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just a quirk of the program, but when I load a file or highlight for a chapter link I notice the program freezes for a moment or two and I get a "Not Responding" message. Is this normal for Sigil?
For file loading, that's normal. QtWebKit blocks the GUI thread, so it goes unresponsive for a few moments. This will happen much less with the next version of Sigil, 0.3.0.

I don't know what you mean by "highlight for a chapter link", but it's probably related.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I meant that I highlight the chapter heading i.e. Chapter 1 etc. and then choose heading 1 from the left so that I can create my TOC for the book. Thanks for the heads up though. I wasn't sure if it was a normal part of the program or if I had something set up wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
For file loading, that's normal. QtWebKit blocks the GUI thread, so it goes unresponsive for a few moments. This will happen much less with the next version of Sigil, 0.3.0.

I don't know what you mean by "highlight for a chapter link", but it's probably related.

Last edited by crich70; 09-13-2010 at 04:47 PM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote