Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-13-2008, 12:31 AM   #16
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianLungs View Post
I have found out that my glasses have a faulty prescription, .
Good! I hate when that happens. (picking up my new glasses tomorrow for eyes that have gotten "better")
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:08 AM   #17
HawaiianLungs
Enthusiast
HawaiianLungs began at the beginning.

Device: Dell x51v, SONY eReader 505, Lenovo T61
I thought I would reply with my decision and why in case it helps someone. I am going to get the SONY reader. It turns out that some titles on the SONY site are much cheaper than Books On Board. So format was not an issue.

But name was. I travel to many third world countries. The security people there are at times obnoxious. If they see a Kindle, a CyBook, a Bookeen etc they will panic with the name. But if they see SONY, they will be happier. SONY is an international name.

The fonts are OK.

The SONY is small enough to travel easily with.

Gomadic makes a charger for the SONY. I use a single charger to charge my cell phone, my PDA, my portable hard drive, and the SONY too.

So, it is the SONY.
HawaiianLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2008, 10:24 AM   #18
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Not to try to dissuade you from your decision because I think you've really wanted a Sony from the beginning and I think you will enjoy it but I have to ask, you really don't think people would recognize the name Amazon?

Did you check Amazon for the titles you were interested in?

The charger options you've mentioned are also available for the Kindle (I have the Gomadic charger and tips). The Kindle is small enough to travel easily with (there are folks traveling all over the world with their Kindles) and you'd have more control over the font size.

Good luck where ever you travels take you and be sure to have lots of reading material while you're there.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:45 PM   #19
HawaiianLungs
Enthusiast
HawaiianLungs began at the beginning.

Device: Dell x51v, SONY eReader 505, Lenovo T61
No I don't think Amazon is known. In larger countries like the US, Japan, Europe yes.
But in smaller countries in Asia no. For example in China many internet sites are blocked (not Amazon), but customs people are sometimes stupid.

Again, thank you all for your comments. They were very helpful.

Now I am trying to find out what folder SONY files are downloaded to in vista.
HawaiianLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:53 AM   #20
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
When you open a book in eBook Library, click the "i" button at the top right of the book page. Scroll the info table if necessary, one of the items will be the full path to the file. Usual location is (My) Documents\My Books.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	t.PNG
Views:	292
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	16286  
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
duck!, puppy!