Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #16
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
They are mistaken. When I buy a book, I bought the book. I paid for it, I will read it on whatever device I wish. I'm not giving copies of the book away, I am just reading it. Any license that tells me I can't read what I paid for is void.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #17
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
They are mistaken. When I buy a book, I bought the book. I paid for it, I will read it on whatever device I wish. I'm not giving copies of the book away, I am just reading it. Any license that tells me I can't read what I paid for is void.
Exactly. This is why I only purchase from booksellers in which the transaction is up front called and in every way shape and form, a purchase. Smashwords words their policy about why they have no DRM right up there, and I appreciate a company that actually values their customers.

No fancy wording to tell me otherwise, no needing to d*ck around being clever enough to google for "that blog", to tell me how to remove the infections, just good old fashioned "buy a book, get a book".

No being jerked around by companies that, instead of wanting me to perhaps buy MORE merchandise, want me to regurgitate the same merchandise instead should a new technical trend come along.

I buy, I take it home. If I choose to only buy that one item from you, you may never see me again but I STILL get to keep what I bought from you. Seriously, it's not that hard.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
BillSmithBooks
Padawan Learner
BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: www.OutlawGalaxy.com, Foothills of NY's Adirondack mountains
Device: My PC...using Puppy Linux (FBReader, Calibre, Kindle Cloud Reader,
This is the same reason that, when a non-DRM version is not available, I tend to buy used physical books (off Amazon, naturally), even if it ends up costing me a bit more once you count in shipping. Unfortunately, buying used deprives the author of his or her royalty payment.
BillSmithBooks is offline   Reply With Quote