Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
Glenn56
Glenn56 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
itunes books

I have an iTunes gift card - and iTunes now has books - so, will the Vox open those or are iTunes books in some sort of Applecentric format?
Glenn56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
They are indeed in Applecentric format, impossible to read on the Vox
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
msxman
Enthusiast
msxman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox, kindle 2
it's a shame places don't offer books in one standard format like epub so you can buy and read what you want. I love that the vox can hold the kindle app so I don't lose the books I already bought even though I've moved on. I wonder if there is a way to convert the itunes books...
msxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by msxman View Post
I wonder if there is a way to convert the itunes books...
No. And it doesn't look like anything is in the works for this in the Alf kind of way.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
Glenn56
Glenn56 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Okay then, I guess I'm buying more Bay City Rollers' tunes - not!
Glenn56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
msxman
Enthusiast
msxman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox, kindle 2
google itunes books for android. ibooks are epub so I google and it seems there's an app for that!
msxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
iBooks uses fairplay DRM which nobody has cracked.

iBooks eBooks might be ePub, might not. We don't know because iBooks does some odd things that are non-standard and probably won't work otherwise.

Basically, just ignore the iBookstore. It doesn't exist. It's not there. It's a figment of your imagination.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote