Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-04-2011, 03:27 AM   #1
Caffey
Caffey began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
After converting, can we save as Author (then) title?

I've been on the catalog all over looking before I came here, so I tried, but some voc I don't understand so maybe i missed it...But

You know how after you convert the books and open the file, that it will have the title then author's name. Is there a way that it would instead have it as Author's Name - Title
?
I always change each one since its easier for me after where I have all my ebooks together, by first the author. So is there anyway to change this?

Thanks bunches!
Caffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:09 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Not quite sure what you are talking about here?

If you are talking about the filename used when you use "Send to Device" or "Save to Disk", then you can set the mask under Preferences to say how you would like the filename to be made up.

If you are talking about the files stored within the Calibre library, then you cannot change their names without Calibre completely losing track of a file and you effectively corrupting Calibre's database. Files inside the library are not meant to be manipulated directly, but only via the Calibre GUI.

If it is something else then perhaps you can clarify what you are asking for?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert