Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-04-2007, 04:19 PM   #16
Heather
Determined Newbie
Heather began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Has anyone started the dead iLiads thread? It sounds like I may have a similar issue--started out as one dark horizontal stripe across the top of the screen visible even when the machine was turned off. It just appeared one day, flipping from one page to the next. Now I have three lines--yes, they are multiplying. And I noticed last night I was having to turn my reader to the light more and more...yep, my screen is getting darker.

Primal scream therapy, anyone?

I'd love to post this problem on the iRex forums, but their stupid bulletin board won't let me register. Insert head banging icon here.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #17
bojan
Enthusiast
bojan is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather
I'd love to post this problem on the iRex forums, but their stupid bulletin board won't let me register. Insert head banging icon here
I assume you have problems entering confirmation code. Try to press refresh several times until you get some reasonable pattern, then enter the code and fill your other information. It took me also some time to get it right.
By the way, I also miss head banging smilie, this one is the closest .

Last edited by bojan; 05-04-2007 at 08:44 PM.
bojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #18
k2r
Zealot
k2r doesn't litterk2r doesn't litter

Device: MP2K, iLiad
Still stuck with my degrading iLiad screen.

Unfortunately though iRex told me on 13. May that concluding from the pictures my iLiad had to be send in and verified my adress they didn't manage going any further in the process.

Today I received an email that apologized and said that iRex' engineers will have a look at the pictures to decide what to do.
Maybe they'll tell me to send it in and ask to verify my address?

If somebody has a good CRM-System to sell, go for iRex, what they have now is a stack of post-it notes for trouble tickets and a legion of goats to close them.

Meanwhile my iLiad with the degrading screen has been demoed to two groups of physicians and a popular nerd and author (who might or might not be reading here now.
k2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:06 AM   #19
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Hi k2r!

Do you mean physicians or physicists? Just curious.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #20
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Heh. "Legion of goats."
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2r View Post
Unfortunately though iRex told me on 13. May that concluding from the pictures my iLiad had to be send in and verified my adress they didn't manage going any further in the process.

Today I received an email that apologized and said that iRex' engineers will have a look at the pictures to decide what to do.
Maybe they'll tell me to send it in and ask to verify my address?

If somebody has a good CRM-System to sell, go for iRex, what they have now is a stack of post-it notes for trouble tickets and a legion of goats to close them.

Meanwhile my iLiad with the degrading screen has been demoed to two groups of physicians and a popular nerd and author (who might or might not be reading here now.
What I would do instead of waiting for them to get back to you is actually try to call iRex (if possible) and talk to someone to try to get something sorted.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #22
k2r
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Do you mean physicians or physicists? Just curious.
Physicians. They often have to take notes and fill in forms, lightning conditions aren't very stable where they do it.
Instead of a pile of single purpose Windows notebook / tablet computers with 3G-Cards a set of iLiads to collect data for a medical study to send it over a VPN to a central repository could be a less disruptive way to go.

I only know 2 physicists, but they have been impressed by the iLiad, too.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #23
k2r
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
try to call iRex (if possible) and talk to someone to try to get something sorted.
Since I'm not at home at the very moment I resort to email as a modern, fast, timezone agnostic means of communication.
One of the reasons why I bought the iLiad is that I'm travelling often.
Support by email shouldn't be less reliable than support by phone and include /reading/ the customers email.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've found at times, because you are there on the phone with someone, you can get them to check your status now instead of waiting for that email to arrive.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #25
eumesmo
Connoisseur
eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
As a man far from civilization on a mediocre budget, I cannot help but ask if you guys feel this is an oddity, or a persistent problem, the price of living for such technology, or defined by the excessive use of the wacom stylus?
eumesmo is offline   Reply With Quote