Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Device: Apple iPad
Entourage Edge and the Android Scripting Environment

I am really syked about the new Entourage Edge.

Being a programmer, I immediately have set myself up to develop applications which will take advantage of its hardware when they have an SDK available. I am currently creating the Sudoku example from "Hello Android" from Pragmatic Bookshelf.

Is anyone looking at how to implement the Android Scripting Environment on it?

Just curious.
paulckennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
I have a solid background in application development and I am also very interested in developing for the Edge.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
mgm1979
Zealot
mgm1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage eDGe
Outside of the old school html programming (before the days of the WYSIWYG programs everyone uses today), I don't know much about programming/developing apps - but I might be interested in dabbling in it...how complicated do you think it would be for me to pick up and actually create something productive?
mgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
If you have a background in programming in even something as old-fashioned HTML, it should not be too difficult as long as you're willing to put the dedication into it. If you don't have any programming background at all, it would be more difficult but certainly attainable. Again, it all depends on how interest you are and what kind of effort you put into it.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #5
mgm1979
Zealot
mgm1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage eDGe
That's pretty much the response I was hoping for...I guess we'll wait for the SDK to be released, and see what kind of trouble I can get myself into. Maybe we can get a little cadre together here helping to push the eDGe that next step with some innovative apps.
mgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #6
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Device: Apple iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm1979 View Post
That's pretty much the response I was hoping for...I guess we'll wait for the SDK to be released, and see what kind of trouble I can get myself into. Maybe we can get a little cadre together here helping to push the eDGe that next step with some innovative apps.
That is my intention.
paulckennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:49 AM   #7
tmirante
tmirante began at the beginning.

Device: edge entourage
Red face edge entourage was discontinued

and sdk is not available. is there anybody may help me to know how to develop applications for school?
tmirante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #8
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmirante View Post
and sdk is not available. is there anybody may help me to know how to develop applications for school?
Need more info. What language? What's the final result?

There are several basic and scripting language interperters that can run on the PE. You can also develop standalone apps withs Googles SDK. Keep in mind that these will work on the tablet side only.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
I too was hoping to try and improve the Edge software library. My forte is Java, and considering android's similarity, I'm sure I could catch on relatively well. In addition, I was wondering if anyone has ever taken a gander at the browser app that is included in the edge in order to find the differences between that and any old stock browser. Perhaps we could get a way to send information to the e-ink screen through apps (assuming we don't already have the know-how). From there we could experiment with other e-ink incorporated apps.

Last edited by mokel22; 07-12-2011 at 11:04 AM.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #10
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
anybody studied first nook? same epd device and at least for the epd display side should be quite the same?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote