Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #31
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
There have to be a number of watermarking techniques in use at this point. Some may be more 'hardened' than others and therefore more difficult to remove. But as long as they don't interfere with your ability to format shift or copy, or intrude on your reading experience, I don't see why one needs to bother to remove it.

The exception might be that 'watermarking' technique that was blogged about a couple of months ago, which actually changed the author's words to embed the personalized signature. I would simply boycott that one.

Of course I'd prefer there were no watermarking in the first place. But by all means I want to know when it is there.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote