Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
Steven630
Groupie
Steven630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite2
How can I exclude all the images from NYT?

I only found the function to include only the first image. But I want all the images to be excluded.

(PS:Anyone interested in helping me out on this? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=177425)
Steven630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
you basically need to find what tags in the html source code relate to images.

read the calibre help

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/news_recipe.html

and try the remove tags as in the example

remove_tags = []¶
List of tags to be removed. Specified tags are removed from downloaded HTML. A tag is specified as a dictionary of the form:

{
name : 'tag name', #e.g. 'div'
attrs : a dictionary, #e.g. {class: 'advertisment'}
}All keys are optional. For a full explanantion of the search criteria, see Beautiful Soup A common example:

remove_tags = [dict(name='div', attrs={'class':'advert'})]
This will remove all <div class=”advert”> tags and all their children from the downloaded HTML.
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert