Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-11-2011, 04:55 AM   #1
karo02
Enthusiast
karo02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Some buttons don't work

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my PRS-505, some buttons are not working anymore : the 3 buttons on the lower left side (Size, Mark and Turn Pages), and the Menu button (most bothering !).
So I am still able to read books using the Turn Page button on the right, but I can't navigate between books...
I tried the soft reset and connecting the book to the PC but the problem persists, I don't know what else to do.

Of course the reader is not under garanty anymore... I always assume I would eventually break the screen as it is the fragile part, and I would find very irritating to have to change my reader because of such a problem.

Is there something I can do, or do I just have to go buy a PRS-650 ?
karo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
If the buttons are physically no longer working then it may be worth looking at PRS+ (see Sony Developer Forum) as it allows re-assigning keypress actions...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
Sonylistens
Sony Customer Service Rep
Sonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony Reader
Hello Karo02,

My name is Evelyn from Sony electronics the Sonylistens team. I would like to apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your reader. Please e-mail us at Sonylistens@am.sony.com so that we can further assist you. Include your name, phone #, event id # (if you have one), and brief description of the problem and type(Forum) in your subject. We look forward to hearing from you!
Thank You,
Evelyn Perez
SonyListens Team

Last edited by Sonylistens; 05-11-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Sonylistens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
karo02
Enthusiast
karo02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animalskaro02 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Thank you both for your answers.
Evelyn : I just e-mailed at sonylistens.
Elcreative : I will try PRS+ if I the sony support doesn't have another solution.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
ElCazique
ElCazique began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hi,

i have got the same Problem as karo02. Anyone found a solution yet?

I already wrote to Sony, lets see what they will tell me,
ElCazique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #6
karo02
Enthusiast

Hail to Sony Customer Relations !

So, I contacted the Sony Customer Relations for France.
They told me to get a quotation for a repair at their certified center and then send it to them.
The repair center said they could not fix the reader (problem comes for a main part which can't be replaced), but Sony agreed to take back my PRS-505... and gave me 212€ for it ! (I paid 300€ for it 3 years ago).
So I got myself the new PRS-T1 (available this week in France), and have still some money left for accessories (case, AC-adapter...)!

It goes without saying that I am more than happy with the way Sony handled this
Sony
Old 11-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #7
greylurk
greylurk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Interesting, just today my PRS-505 that I've had for 3 years started doing the exact same thing. Must be a parts issue. I'll contact Sony Support as well.
greylurk is offline   Reply With Quote