Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
Maike13
Connoisseur
Maike13 began at the beginning.

Device: IRex Iliad 1st Ed.
Router recomendations for Iliad

I've tried everything I can think of, and all the suggestions I can find, to get my Iliad to connect to my router, without success. It will connect fine with no security enabled but not with wpa (wpa2 is not available on my five year old router).

So now I'm thinking of getting a new router. If you have a router that works great with your Iliad and wpa or wpa2, and is currently still sold, please let me know. If your Iliad is a 1st Edition like mine, even better, although I don't think there's much difference in the wi-fi between the 1st and 2nd editions.
Maike13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Wifi is the same between 1st and 2nd.

As I mentioned in the other thread, watch out for N routers. The iLiad doesn't generally work with them, so you'd need to switch it to "G" mode anyway. Probably not worth getting an N router in that case, unless that's all you can find.

Personally, I use a G router with WEP security.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
dumkat
dumkat began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd generation
I use my N router set to G and have it on wpa2.
dumkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
Counter
Connoisseur
Counter began at the beginning.

Device: EzReader
make sure you use wpa2 AES
Counter is offline   Reply With Quote