Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
That was worrisome: Kindle wouldn't delete file

This is something I found a little concerning. I downloaded a few sample chapters the other day and I just deleted several using the delete function on the Kindle. One of the samples would not go away. After repeated attempts to delete the file simply would not vacate the list.

Finally I hooked it up to the computer via the usb cable and deleted the file that way and it seems to be gone now. Anybody else encounter this sort of thing?
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyrnon View Post
This is something I found a little concerning. I downloaded a few sample chapters the other day and I just deleted several using the delete function on the Kindle. One of the samples would not go away. After repeated attempts to delete the file simply would not vacate the list.

Finally I hooked it up to the computer via the usb cable and deleted the file that way and it seems to be gone now. Anybody else encounter this sort of thing?
Yes - sometimes turning the K completely off will force the delete on restart. Otherwise you have to use the USB & PC to completely delete it.
Weird!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert