Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Calibre and iTunes

Now that I've gotten an iPhone4 everytime I open Calibre and my phone is hooked up, itunes starts. Is there a way to stop itunes from opening when I open Calibre.

I only use epubs with my Sony PRS505, not my iPhone.

Thanks for any help!
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to Preferences->Plugins->Device interface plugins and siable the plugin for itunes
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Ahh, thank you... I didn't even realize that iTunes/iBooks was integrated (I need to start reading the changelogs!).
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
See the first post in this thread for more information about iTunes/iBooks integration.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #5
Leo_N
Leo_N began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Wow, this finally just happened to me. Nice to see this was long ago answered.
Leo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 05:10 AM   #6
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Is there any way to set Calibre to remember this as every time I upgrade Calibre it turns this plugin back on? It is getting annoying considering the frequency of Calibre updates.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrider View Post
Is there any way to set Calibre to remember this as every time I upgrade Calibre it turns this plugin back on? It is getting annoying considering the frequency of Calibre updates.
By 'this' I assume you mean the status of the Apple device plugin? If so I am confused as to why you are having a problem as I disabled mine a while ago and it has stayed disabled despite the fact that I update Calibre most weeks.

What OS are you using (I am on Windows 7) - I wonder if that might be relevant?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:09 AM   #8
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Are you uninstalling the old version before you install a new one?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:45 AM   #9
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi, nope not uninstalling and I am on Windows 7 64bit. I have had to reset the plugin at least 3 times to off in the last 6-8 weeks.

Could it be something to do with having multiple libraries?
Old 05-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #10
Valkrider
Addict

Still no answer about making this plugin status remember its settings on update? I have just downloaded and installed 0.81 over the top of 0.8 and it has re-enabled the plugin again. Frustrating to put it mildly.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #11
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I never have this problem with the plugin status not being remembered between releases. It makes me wonder if you have a permissions problem somewhere that is stopping this status being remembered?

However you could be right about multiple libraries I guess if the status is stored at that level (rather then the user level where I thought it was done). I guess this Kovid or someone who knows the code to weigh in with a definitive answer.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
plugin status is stored globally. Open the calibre config directory and look at the file customize.py it is where plugin status is stored.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:09 AM   #13
Valkrider
Addict

Checked as suggested and the file is there and the plugin status is stored in it but the file is dated 18th May when I updated Calibre and had to reset the status of the plugin. I have taken a copy of customize.py and will check it out when I upgrade to 0.8.2 (after it's released).
Old 05-21-2011, 02:08 AM   #14
Valkrider
Addict

Just updated to 0.8.2 and it remembered the plugin setting. I didn't do anything different at my end. Great.