Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
JellyLegsMick
JellyLegsMick began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Unhappy How to retrieve metadata from Calibre Companion?

I have a Macbook Pro running OSX 10.8.5 and a Nexus 7 tablet running Calibre Companion. The hard disk on my laptop crashed two weeks ago and I had to get it replaced. I can access the storage that Calibre Companion uses on the tablet and make a copy of the pdfs on the laptop, but when I drag them in to Calibre it doesn't recognise any of the metadata that I spent ages tweaking so the books have random names, etc.

Has anyone faced a problem like this? Does anyone know how to solve it? I want to recreate the calibre library I had a few weeks ago on my laptop without painstakingly reworking each and every file.
JellyLegsMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:57 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Sorry, but I can't see any way for the metadata stored in CC to make it back into calibre. I went through calibre's code and didn't find any way to update calibre's metadata with what is stored on the device. I was hoping that calibre's adding a book from the device to the library function would use the metadata from the device but it does not, instead using the metadata from inside the files.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Would switching to Device view : (selected books) Add to Library
do it?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Would switching to Device view : (selected books) Add to Library
do it?
That is what I tried. It gets metadata from the book file, not the metadata cached by calibre on the device.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, library, mac, metadata, nexus