Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #16
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Mine is similar to DMG's chair although it does not have fleu-de-leis on it. I think that's how you spell the french word.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #17
JoelArnold
Fanatic
JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
My ideal reading chair is one that reclines. Leather is ideal! Also, a good reading light just over my left shoulder helps, too. (Why my left shoulder? Don't know. Just hits the sweet spot, I guess.)
JoelArnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sometimes my preferred reading chair is not a chair, but the couch. Sometimes It is nice to stretch out and read.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #19
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I rather enjoyed hopping in the giant beanbag chair we had from Lovesac.

Now, I just recline on one of the ends of the sectional and prop my materials up on my gut with a throw pillow.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:07 PM   #20
Algiedi
Overenthusiastic Noob
Algiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sometimes my preferred reading chair is not a chair, but the couch. Sometimes It is nice to stretch out and read.
Likewise. When I'm not reading in bed, my 20-years-old couch is my favorite place to read (although with age, it became more like a couch-shaped giant piece of dough than a real piece of furniture).

But reading this thread, I just realized that reading in a chair sounds completely weird to me. When I'm forced to read on a chair or bench outside of home, I always have to contort to get into a somewhat weird position that I can associate with reading (like legs folded under me, or over the arm rests). That whole sitting business is just too serious and un-comfy.
Algiedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #21
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
If we're customizing dream chairs, mine would be like an "egg chair" with a few soft recessed lights and possibly some speakers for classical music to be piped in softly (and at high quality, natch). I'd like my reading experience to be very "sensory focused" and free of distractions.

It'd have to be a COMFORTABLE egg chair, though.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #22
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Make this a second vote for the La-Z-Boy rocker-recliner.
Third vote for La-Z-Boy rocker recliner!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:44 PM   #23
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I read pretty much everywhere in the house, but this is the space that I have specifically set aside for reading:

pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #24
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Pidgeon, where did you get that? I love it.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #25
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I also go for the swivel lounge chair + ottoman:

I also got this collapsible lounge chair at Target in c. 2004, which was stolen in 2008, and apparently the design has been lost to suffering mankind, because I can't find anything much like it on the internet. It didn't fold up in panels, but collapsed inward like a camping chair, and it was just one big fabric sling in a reclined ergonomic position, almost like it was half-hammock. That thing was super comfortable, but too small to easily fall asleep in.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #26
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Overstuffed La-z-boy recliner, sometimes with a horse shoe shaped neck pillow (depends if one or both of my twin girls are sitting on my stomach or not).
Yes, I like my La-Z-Boy recliner for reading! I have even found that those little U shaped travel pillows are great for marathon reading sessions and naps. (Ones filled with foam, not the ones with little plastic pellets - too hot)
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #27
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
We have an Eames chair. It's a classic for a reason!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiedi View Post
Likewise. When I'm not reading in bed, my 20-years-old couch is my favorite place to read (although with age, it became more like a couch-shaped giant piece of dough than a real piece of furniture).

But reading this thread, I just realized that reading in a chair sounds completely weird to me. When I'm forced to read on a chair or bench outside of home, I always have to contort to get into a somewhat weird position that I can associate with reading (like legs folded under me, or over the arm rests). That whole sitting business is just too serious and un-comfy.
I was laying on the couch earlier tonight finishing up the book I had going. It was quite comfortable. And the light coming in from the windows meant no need to turn on the lamp.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Third vote for La-Z-Boy rocker recliner!
We have a Bob's recliner that rocks. It's big and olive green and comfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I read pretty much everywhere in the house, but this is the space that I have specifically set aside for reading:

We have a similar chair. It's green (not sure the shade) and it has the separate footrest. The footrest also rocks. And it's microfiber. This did not come from Bob's.

I'll have to get some photos of the living room so everyone can see what we have.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #30
zespectre
BookMonkey
zespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: NOOK, iPod Touch, Asus Netbook
I move around too much for "a chair", just the way I am I suppose. I seem to find myself on the couch often, or on our large porch swing out back if the weather is good. Lately a lot of my reading has been from the front seat of a limo but then again the front seat of a Lincoln Town super-stretch is a lot like sitting on a couch <grin>.
zespectre is offline   Reply With Quote