Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
chaznsc
Connoisseur
chaznsc began at the beginning.

Device: Mine
Bible for 505?

Is there a good KJV Bible for the 505? I don't want to start a religious debate, but would love a good maneuverable Bible in the KJV.

Also, it doesn't have to be free.

Thanks for any advice.

chaz
chaznsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
There are several free versions here at Mobileread, hand-formatted with the Sony Reader in mind.

Prodigit's: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37065

TedPark's: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27252

Deputy-Dawg's: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19870

I believe they use different ways of sorting TOCs and so on; look over the descriptions and see if one of them sounds most like what you're looking for. Or download them all, and compare that way. They're free!
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #3
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Bible King James Version on MobileRead

Edit: Sorry Elfwreck i had the reply already open while i was looking for TedPark's version...

Last edited by netseeker; 07-09-2009 at 01:50 PM.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
chaznsc
Connoisseur

Just a side note. Every thread I have posted has been responded to in a very kind way. I appreciate the help all of you have been to me. Its refreshing.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaznsc View Post
Just a side note. Every thread I have posted has been responded to in a very kind way. I appreciate the help all of you have been to me. Its refreshing.
Get used to it! Bunch of very helpful and friendly eBook addicts here.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
chaznsc
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Get used to it! Bunch of very helpful and friendly eBook addicts here.
It's simply uncalled for LOL
Old 07-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
We're all book nerds here, no one will pick on you for wanting a bible. Heck, I'm agnostic and I have one!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #8
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Here's another version in ePub instead of LRF that was posted here by Sherman:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31709

This is the one I use the most, as I like the way Sherman's laid out the Table of Contents. TOC has two levels--first is all the books of the Bible and the second is the chapters in the Bible.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #9
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Here's another version in ePub instead of LRF that was posted here by Sherman:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31709

This is the one I use the most, as I like the way Sherman's laid out the Table of Contents. TOC has two levels--first is all the books of the Bible and the second is the chapters in the Bible.

dordale
You beat me to it!!! - I assume you are using the latest version of this? It's much much quicker than the original version you would have downloaded when you made your post on that thread.

@chaznsc:

Mine is a very bare-bones KJV bible - nothing extra or fancy about it. It doesn't have any additional notes, nor does it include the Apocrypha.

It is however, almost as fast to navigate as an LRF version would be - which is important to me as I often need access to a particular chapter very swiftly.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #10
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
You beat me to it!!! - I assume you are using the latest version of this? It's much much quicker than the original version you would have downloaded when you made your post on that thread.

@chaznsc:

Mine is a very bare-bones KJV bible - nothing extra or fancy about it. It doesn't have any additional notes, nor does it include the Apocrypha.

It is however, almost as fast to navigate as an LRF version would be - which is important to me as I often need access to a particular chapter very swiftly.
Sherman!
Just loaded your bible ebook on my prs-505 yesterday!
Very cool. Loved it, Thank you so much for taking the time to make it for us and share it.
I was able to put the ebook into calibre and increase the base font so it would be big enough for me to see it without my reading glasses on . Works GREAT!

Last edited by richman; 07-10-2009 at 10:24 AM.
richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
JasonB
Connoisseur
JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
We're all book nerds here, no one will pick on you for wanting a bible. Heck, I'm agnostic and I have one!
If W.C. Fields, the vocal athiest, had been born later, and died in modern times, maybe they would have found him flipping through an electronic bible (still "looking for loopholes") rather than a physical one on his deathbed.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:11 AM   #12
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richman View Post
Sherman!
Just loaded your bible ebook on my prs-505 yesterday!
Very cool. Loved it, Thank you so much for taking the time to make it for us and share it.
I was able to put the ebook into calibre and increase the base font so it would be big enough for me to see it without my reading glasses on . Works GREAT!
Is the new epub that you created quite a bit slower on the PRS-505 than the one downloaded from mobileread?

If it is, then I can create a customized version for you if you would like. ePub files generated by calibre by default can be very slow on the reader. My version was hand tweaked after conversion to dramatically improve performance.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #13
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Is the new epub that you created quite a bit slower on the PRS-505 than the one downloaded from mobileread?

If it is, then I can create a customized version for you if you would like. ePub files generated by calibre by default can be very slow on the reader. My version was hand tweaked after conversion to dramatically improve performance.
Thanks for the offer, if it's not too much trouble, sure , would love a version with base font of 20. That's the base font for my other ebooks. Love how you made it with books and the chapters TOC, really nice.
richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #14
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I've also uploaded a KJV Apocrypha some time ago.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #15
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by richman View Post
Thanks for the offer, if it's not too much trouble, sure , would love a version with base font of 20. That's the base font for my other ebooks. Love how you made it with books and the chapters TOC, really nice.
I just did a conversion myself, and Calibre did NOT mess up the toc.ncx file again

So the conversion you did SHOULD be fine.