Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-26-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
has the M edge book light come out yet?

I just got my new M edge cover and I love it, I can't wait to get the book light that goes with it, Has it been put on the market yet? If it hasn't does anyone know when it will be available?
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:10 AM   #2
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
They were advertising preorders for it about a month ago but haven't heard or seen anything since then.
I really wish they would it so I can order my cover
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Here is their contact site. I have had good results when emailing them......

http://buymedge.com/p_contact.html
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Well I emailed them and this is the answer I got so I guess I won't hold my breath waiting for one. I am disappointed, I thought they were in the process of making one.

"Thank you for your interest in our products! An e-Luminator booklight for our Sony PRS-505 Jackets is a potential future product. However, at this time, we do not have any information on if or when it will be available."
Old 07-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #5
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
Well I emailed them and this is the answer I got so I guess I won't hold my breath waiting for one. I am disappointed, I thought they were in the process of making one.

"Thank you for your interest in our products! An e-Luminator booklight for our Sony PRS-505 Jackets is a potential future product. However, at this time, we do not have any information on if or when it will be available."
Well that's interesting! When I bought my new M-Edge, I was definitely given the impression that the booklight was ready to come out some time this summer. What in the world could be the difference between one for the Kindle and one for the Sony?

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
artemisblossom
Groupie

I don't know but I am really disappointed, thats part of the reason I bought the M edge jacket
Old 07-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
tench
Connoisseur
tench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-505
Up until a couple of days ago, their Sony page said "Compatible with M-Edge e-Luminator for Sony 505 (sold separately - available Summer 2009)." Maybe the person who emailed you was simply mistaken?
tench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
Cassy
Zealot

I emailed them as well and got the same answer. Maybe the have decided to push back the release or something
Old 07-10-2009, 02:19 AM   #9
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Got an answer regarding a query when the lights will be available:

"As for our 2nd generation e-Luminators, they are in production and we do expect to have them available sometime soon this summer. However, we have not set an actual release date yet. Also, I should point out the the 2nd generation e-Luminator was designed to provide optimal lighting for the Amazon Kindle 2 device and as such the neck may be a little long for the PRS-505 jacket. The light will work in the jacket, but for storage purposes it might stick out of the bottom when the jacket is closed. We are considering the possibility of offering a special version for the PRS-505, but do not currently have any plans for it."

Okay... When when they write on the web site that it would be compatible with the reader cover, this wasn't exactly what I expected. Not so great after all. I'll pass.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:51 AM   #10
Cassy
Zealot

that is a much more positive answer then i got

there's only like 2 more months of summer left? I can't wait! I was going to wait to order my covers and light together but couldn't pass up $20 covers at Amazon!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #11
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Got an answer regarding a query when the lights will be available:

"As for our 2nd generation e-Luminators, they are in production and we do expect to have them available sometime soon this summer. However, we have not set an actual release date yet. Also, I should point out the the 2nd generation e-Luminator was designed to provide optimal lighting for the Amazon Kindle 2 device and as such the neck may be a little long for the PRS-505 jacket. The light will work in the jacket, but for storage purposes it might stick out of the bottom when the jacket is closed. We are considering the possibility of offering a special version for the PRS-505, but do not currently have any plans for it."

Okay... When when they write on the web site that it would be compatible with the reader cover, this wasn't exactly what I expected. Not so great after all. I'll pass.
Can you say "False Advertising"?

Sayhello
Old 07-11-2009, 03:31 AM   #12
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post

Sayhello
Yeah! False Advertising is one of my pet peeves. I was all excited at the beginning of this thread...all ready to ask for a link and a picture, and was considering ordering it. I have the lightwedge, but If I could go back and do it over, I probably wouldn't buy the lightwedge. It's fine for now, but I doubt it will last forever. There's already alot of smudges and specks that won't come off.

ANYWAY, I'm still interested in seeing this m-edge light. Whenever it comes out. I hope they design one for the 505. I'm not too keen on the fact that it would stick out a couple inches at the bottom. That leads to the risk of getting scratched/smudged!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:18 AM   #13
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post

Sayhello
No, I think that's taking it too far. They do say it's "compatible", which, from this explanation, it sounds as if it is. But I imagined a better fit, and I think it would be wise of them to make this clear on the web site - and they might actually do, once they start selling the book lights.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:12 AM   #14
Cassy
Zealot

"Compatible with M-Edge e-Luminator for Sony 505 (sold separately - available Summer 2009)"

I always read that as them actually releasing a sony light, not that it is compatible with the kindle one. that sucks.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #15
sayhello
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
"Compatible with M-Edge e-Luminator for Sony 505 (sold separately - available Summer 2009)"

I always read that as them actually releasing a sony light, not that it is compatible with the kindle one. that sucks.
I read it the same way. It does not say "Compatible with the M-Edge e-Luminator for the Kindle 2".

Sayhello