Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
stinsmom
stinsmom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle 1st Gen for Sale

Slightly used K1 for sale. $225, plus shipping. Had about a year. Comes with the original box, cover, USB, and charger. Shipping will depend on where you live, but probably around $10 for Priority Mail® Regular Flat-Rate. Is in wonderful condition and I love it, but I must have the latest gadget and need to offset the cost of my K2. Please PM me with any questions. I have a picture, but am apparently not technical savy enough to figure out how to add it on this post.

I have been told that if you wait to register and turn on the whispernet (?) you can read the books that I have already paid for and downloaded (please correct me if I'm wrong). If that's the case then it has the following books:

Kindle User’s Guide
Second Glance Jodi Picoult
The 19th Wife David Ebershoff
Plain Truth Jodi Picoult
The South Beach Diet Arthur Agatston
All Through the Night Suzanne Brockmann
Lone Survivor Marcus Luttrell
The Kite Runner Khaled Hosseini
Nineteen Minutes Jodi Picoult
New Moon Stephenie Meyer
Audition Barbara Walters
Picture Perfect Jodi Picoult
7th Heaven James Patterson
Art of Racing in the Rain Garth Stein
Twilight Stephenie Meyer
The Year of the Fog Michelle Richmond
Mercy Jodi Picoult
Life of Pi Yann Martel
Identity: Unknown Suzanne Brockmann
The Host Stephenie Meyer
Anansi Boys Neil Gaiman
Embraced by Love Suzanne Brockmann
The Dirty Girls Social Club Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez
Women & Money Suze Orman
Force of Nature Suzanne Brockmann
Perfect Match Jodi Picoult
The Pact Jodi Picoult
Ask Again Later Jill A. Davis
Salem Falls Jodi Picoult
Eclipse Stephenie Meyer
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything Janelle Brown
Water for Elephants Sara Gruen
Are You There, Vodka Chelsea Handler
America America Ethan Canin
Just Breathe Susan Wiggs
6th Target James Patterson
Breaking Dawn Stephenie Meyer
My Horizontal Life Chelsea Handler
The Admiral’s Bride Suzanne Brockmann
Forbidden Suzanne Brockmann
My Sister’s Keeper Jodi Picoult
Change of Heart Jodi Picoult
The 5th Horseman James Patterson
Songs of the Humpback Whale Jodi Picoult
Smoke, Mirrors, and Murder Ann Rule
Price of Passion Susan Napier
His Lady Mistress Elizabeth Rolls
Irresistible Forces Brenda Jackson
A Very Special Delivery Linda Goodnight
Those Who Save Us Jenna Blum
UR Stephen King
Once a Cowboy Linda Warren
Caught Stealing Charlie Huston
Baby Bonanza Maureen Child
Six Bad Things Charlie Huston
A Dangerous Man Charlie Huston
The Idiot Girl and the Flaming
Tantrum of Death Laurie Notaro
Murder List Julie Garwood
Speed Dating Nancy Warren
Prague Arthur Phillips
Home Spun Bride Jillian Hart
Stranded with a Spy Merline Loveland
Slow Hands Leslie Kelly
Free-Range Chickens Simon Rich
The Foreign Correspondent Alan Furst

Plus over 250 Samples I've Downloaded!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-16-2009 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Added more info ----- "Ended." No word from OP
stinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
manchuia
Connoisseur
manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.manchuia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: In under a month I will have had both Sonys and a Kindle
Could you not download each book to your computer and then burn a CD of them? Not sure if that actually will work, but it's a suggestion.
manchuia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinsmom View Post
I have been told that if you wait to register and turn on the whispernet (?) you can read the books that I have already paid for and downloaded (please correct me if I'm wrong). If that's the case then it has the following books:
While that is technically true... it is probably in violation of the license terms you agree to with Amazon when you purchase/license the ebooks.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchuia View Post
Could you not download each book to your computer and then burn a CD of them? Not sure if that actually will work, but it's a suggestion.
No, the books purchased from Amazon are drm'd, and are keyed to each Kindle.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
grandma knows best
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
grandma knows best
Grandma knows just enough to get herself into trouble...
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:28 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
While that is technically true... it is probably in violation of the license terms you agree to with Amazon when you purchase/license the ebooks.

BOb
Since the books are still validly registered to that Kindle, it's probably OK to have the new user read them. HOWEVER, they would not be able to purchase and load any of their own books while they were reading her's ... and that would be a huge downside in my opinion.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #8
stinsmom
stinsmom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Since the books are still validly registered to that Kindle, it's probably OK to have the new user read them. HOWEVER, they would not be able to purchase and load any of their own books while they were reading her's ... and that would be a huge downside in my opinion.

I've actually been told by several people who have sold theirs that you can actually register it and turn on the whispernet and the books will remain. The only issue is if you delete the books off the Kindle then you will not be able to re-download them as they will not be on the new user's account.
stinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #9
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Is this Kindle still for sale?
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #10
royalcricket
royalcricket began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am interested if thhis is still available.
royalcricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #11
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Still available?
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Wild View Post
Still available?

The original poster put this on sale one week shy of 3 months ago. He has not posted since.

I'm going to change it to "ENDED." If we hear from him, then I (or another moderator) will change it back.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #13
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Okie-dokie! Would have been a decent deal. Thanks Dr. Drib!
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote