Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #16
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Those with unresponsive Kobo touch e-reader after update. Remove SD card then try to start your reader or restore to factory setting. Try charging minimum 4 hours with cell phone charger that is not for apple device.

When you plug your e-reader into your computer is it recognized by the computer? Try connecting your Kobo reader to computer with different USB cable. Could have bad USB connector contacts that plugging and unplugging multiple times might fix.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #17
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Hmmm, I'd try it again, maybe while plugged into a known good charger and cable.

On the 2.6.1 update I thought my KT had bricked, and the three button salute is how I got it to restore from the factory firmware. I ended up at 1.9.13, if I remember correctly. I wonder if the order in which you release the buttons makes a difference? I believe I let go of the slider first, and from there it could have been either button, but probably the reset/paperclip was next. If you get nothing, I'd also try hitting just the reset switch for 5-10 seconds, and maybe the reset or menu button alone with slider again.

But, I'd make sure it was well charged as I'm not sure what may happen if the power is low when you're trying to copy the factory restore over to the running location. I'd hope it would not affect the original factory software, but why take chances.

Well, if you're out of warrantee anyhow, crack the back cover off by running a nail, guitar pick or spudger around it and see if the internal storage is an sdhc card. If so, you can look in the developer's forum and there are threads where you can either find a disk image or request somebody email you one and instructions to copy the image to the internal sdhc card. That should get you going again.

If you do the above make sure you get a disk image from someone who has the same model Kobo Touch, for instance Model: N905B the model number is on the bottom of the reader to the right of the micro USB port with the screen facing you.

Last edited by TechniSol; 06-20-2013 at 03:15 PM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert