Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #16
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
The user namespace isn't restricted either, anyone can edit it. It would not be the best place to find relevant content on the Wiki.
Oh, I thought it was restricted because I couldn't edit DaleDe's page... but now I see it was only because my email was not confirmed.

My idea was to create an appropriate page, or a TOC-type page, with links to the relevant user pages. But if they aren't restricted, we can forget it.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #17
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I have no idea what the answer is, but to "assume not" seems odd to me. Give it a try and see if you can get the formatting to your liking.
The assumption was based on looking at the content of a few user pages of active wiki contributors. Though I do have a bad habit of making unwarranted assumptions.

Quote:
The user namespace isn't restricted either, anyone can edit it. It would not be the best place to find relevant content on the Wiki.
Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
I guess as long as unboggling's content is so frequently updated, it's probably best to stick to the editing forum post. It stays fresh and easily noticeable for everyone there.
Works for me.

In the future if/when the content ever stabilizes to the point where I'm comfortable revising it twice a year or less, I'll make it an epub attachment to a short post. Meanwhile I'll think about doing a new and different project, because it would be nice to have something on the wiki that people could contribute their own strategies, workflows, and examples to. Though I have no idea if any other users would actually contribute content to that or not.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #18
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
My idea was to create an appropriate page, or a TOC-type page, with links to the relevant user pages. But if they aren't restricted, we can forget it.
I've been thinking about doing that in the forum because I couldn't get an internal TOC to work at top of big post. I've already got one level of anchors in that post. I could add anchors at the second level, then make a separate forum post with just a 2 level TOC.

On second thought, if I do that, the TOC links could point anywhere: big forum post, my own website, etc.

Last edited by unboggling; 10-15-2012 at 08:53 AM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #19
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I believe you can have a user page, which should be only editable by you. Once you log in the Wiki, click on your username (top, leftmost item) and then you can create your user page if it doesn't exist. Check mine: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/User:Jellby

Con: You have only 1 page, I guess.
What an informative page. I never knew all those things about you, Jellby! ( is the closest thing we have to a sarcasm icon. )
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote