Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-10-2016, 11:53 PM   #1
botmtl
Enthusiast
botmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel is

Device: none
Post {TOC} is always empty (BOOK_STRUCTURE_FIELDS not loaded?)

Project description
getting the number of entries in the toc to show in a custom column.

Similar project that works
getting the number of authors in a custom column ==> {authors:count(,)}

The solution should be {toc:count(,)} but somehow the TOC field is not loaded with the rest of the metadata (it seems).

I also tried to load the missing metadata with template functions, like {:field(toc):count(,)} but no luck.

Can someone shed a light of this problem?
botmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:10 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
toc is not a metadata field.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:11 PM   #3
botmtl
Enthusiast
botmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel isbotmtl really knows where his or her towel is

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
toc is not a metadata field.
The reason I tried for so long is that TOC is defined in the template language somewhere. It has a value, it's empty. What I mean is that

{potato} is undefined
{toc} is empty.

Dammit, I just realized, while typing this, that {toc} is my own godd*mm custom column isnt it?
botmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:58 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah, probably, it certainly isn't a builtin field.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:12 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by botmtl View Post
The reason I tried for so long is that TOC is defined in the template language somewhere. It has a value, it's empty. What I mean is that

{potato} is undefined
{toc} is empty.

Dammit, I just realized, while typing this, that {toc} is my own godd*mm custom column isnt it?
and it should be {#toc} if you did use it

Were you populating it based upon a result fro the Quality Check PI?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote