Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #31
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Are you able to send me the unmodified ePub, or a link to where I can get it?
Assuming you were referring to my post about two columns versus one, I would be happy to send you the book to see if you can figure this out. How do you wish for me to send it to you? I cannot make it publicly available.

I tried a PM but I wasn't allowed.

Last edited by ballfresno; 04-28-2013 at 04:21 PM. Reason: hit post too quickly!
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #32
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballfresno View Post
Assuming you were referring to my post about two columns versus one, I would be happy to send you the book to see if you can figure this out. How do you wish for me to send it to you? I cannot make it publicly available.

I tried a PM but I wasn't allowed.
So apparently I had PMs disabled. Try again, I turned them on.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:03 AM   #33
chrisparker
Connoisseur
chrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Air 4, iPad mini 5, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Nook ST Glowlight
Hi,

I'm new to Kobo (Aura) but familiar with Calibre.

I've installed KoboTouchExtended 1.2.7 and disabled KoboReader Device Interface 2.0.8 and KoboTouch 2.0.8. I have removed and resent an epub to my Aura micro-SD card where it appears as a kepub.

I've noticed:
1. Centre-justified paragraphs (e.g. Chapter Headings) display as Left-justified
2. The book I'm currently reading doesn't appear on the Home screen.

Am I making a daft mistake?

Mac OS X 10.8.3, Calibre 0.9.28, drivers as above, Kobo Aura HD fw 2.5.1

Last edited by chrisparker; 04-29-2013 at 05:27 AM.
chrisparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #34
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can't comment on the Aura, I don't have one to test with. Until I get one, I'm not able to guarantee any support for the Aura at all and I may require explicitly enabling Aura recognition in the next plugin release because of this. It works at all only thanks to davidfor's hard work on the mainline driver.

EDIT: Of course, if anyone with some Python development experience and an Aura wants to either write the minimal code necessary (if even any at all) or if anyone with an Aura and decent troubleshooting skills wants to be my guinea pig, we could work together to make the Aura fully supported.

For #1, do you have hyphenation enabled? With supported devices, we've discovered that kepubs with soft hyphens (which is what the hyphenation code uses) causes some pretty nasty display issues with a number of kepubs (but not all). See bug #36 for an example.

Last edited by jgoguen; 04-29-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:28 AM   #35
chrisparker
Connoisseur
chrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchfork

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
For #1, do you have hyphenation enabled?
No.

Am I right to disable both KoboReader Device Interface 2.0.8 and KoboTouch 2.0.8?

Happy to be a guinea pig!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:42 AM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
2. The book I'm currently reading doesn't appear on the Home screen.

Am I making a daft mistake?

Mac OS X 10.8.3, Calibre 0.9.28, drivers as above, Kobo Aura HD fw 2.5.1
There is a change in 2.5.x firmware where the cover for kepub.epubs can show as just a dot. The driver attempts to identify the cover, but it can't always do this. What does the library list show for the cover?

Quote:
No.

Am I right to disable both KoboReader Device Interface 2.0.8 and KoboTouch 2.0.8?
No, you only need to disable the KoboTouch driver.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #37
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

One thing my driver does is attempt to set the ImageID field in the database for any books that don't have one. Just like setting series info, you have to unplug the device and plug it back in after the Kobo finishes its processing. If the Library list shows no cover and it's still not on the home screen, does plugging it back in help?
Old 04-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #38
chrisparker
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There is a change in 2.5.x firmware where the cover for kepub.epubs can show as just a dot. The driver attempts to identify the cover, but it can't always do this. What does the library list show for the cover?
The Library list view shows the book cover correctly. The home screen, under the 'New' panel, shows a blank book, which I'm guessing is the newly-added book, but when I select it I get the error message:

Error loading reader!
Sorry, we couldn't find a reader for this type of content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No, you only need to disable the KoboTouch driver.
Thanks - I've re-enabled the other one. Centre-justified still displays as left-justified.

Quote:
One thing my driver does is attempt to set the ImageID field in the database for any books that don't have one. Just like setting series info, you have to unplug the device and plug it back in after the Kobo finishes its processing. If the Library list shows no cover and it's still not on the home screen, does plugging it back in help?
No, new book shows blank cover with white stripe and error message above when selected...
Old 04-29-2013, 07:42 AM   #39
chrisparker
Connoisseur

After some more experimentation:

Deleted book (using Calibre), and resent book (KoboTouchExtended-created kepub) resulted in:
* Book listed on home screen as newly added with correct cover
* Book can be selected, opened and read
* Once back on home screen book cannot be seen, just a blank cover under 'New' which gives error message when selected

Aura ejected and reconnected (metadata updated automatically, no other changes):
* No change - book not listed as being read, a blank cover appears under 'New' etc.

The book always appears in the library, displaying cover correctly.

Hope this helps...
Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #40
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

I sent you a PM asking for some files and database query output, if you can send me those I can see if anything jumps out at me as being wrong.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #41
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I don't know if this is a plug in or an Aura problem but on the reading stats the number it gives for finishing the current chapter is ridiculously low. Like 3 seconds or 9 seconds. And I've barely started the chapter meaning that there's 44 pages to go. It doesn't seem to get any more accurate as I progress through the chapter either.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #42
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

I'd be inclined to call that an Aura problem, but it may be related to how the Kobo tags are applied.

Do you have the free books still on your device that you could send me? Or anyone else with an Aura

On a side note, I'd also appreciate one or two of the free books from the Glo or Mini
Old 04-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #43
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Thanks - I've re-enabled the other one. Centre-justified still displays as left-justified.
If you're using the Extended Driver (so your books are been sent as ePub), perhaps the problem is that you've adjusted your paragraphs as left-justified (in the Kobo itself). I had the same problem and I have to deactivate the alignment.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #44
chrisparker
Connoisseur

Nope! Normal paragraphs are centre-justified correctly, only headers have moved left...
Old 04-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #45
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Nope! Normal paragraphs are centre-justified correctly, only headers have moved left...
Headers don't respect the css align but the paragraph align as defined in Kobo. Normal paragraphs honor it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one