Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
ellenoc
Author
ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold, historical romance

My new historical romance, Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold is now available for the Kindle on Amazon and in EPUB and other formats through Smashwords. Eyes is a story of family conflicts set in Colorado in 1885. Anne Wells has embarrassed her rigidly proper family since she was a child with occasional but grievous lapses from ladylike behavior. They blame those lapses for the disgraceful fact that she is a spinster at 28. Cord Bennett, the son of his father's second marriage to a Cheyenne woman, is more than an embarrassment to his well-to-do family of ranchers and lawyers - they are ashamed and afraid of their black sheep. When Anne and Cord are found alone together, her father's fury leads to violence. Cord's family is more than willing to believe that the fault is his. Can Anne and Cord use the freedom of being condemned for sins they didn't commit to make a life together? Or will their disapproving, interfering families tear them apart? Kindle Locations: 4,846; 118,000 words. $1.99

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/13028

http://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Silver-Go...1297224&sr=8-6
ellenoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Just bought this and looking forward to reading it.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
ellenoc
Author
ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lene - Thank you so much. You make me feel so - international. Would love to hear what you think of the story when you're done.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
ellenoc
Author

Woo hoo! Today for the first time Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold appeared in the Top 100 Historical Romances on Amazon - #67 when I looked. Surely this isn't a small category, and I'm very pleased. Thanks to everyone who has purchased a copy.

"Eyes" is a story of family conflicts set in Colorado in 1885. Unmarried at 28, Anne Wells is a disgrace to her rigidly conventional family. Cord Bennett is the black sheep of the Bennett clan. When these two misfits are found alone together, violence explodes. Can Anne and Cord use the freedom of being condemned for sins they didn’t commit to make a life together in spite of their families?

Available at Smashwords (free sample is 50%):

and at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Silver-Go...3974056&sr=1-1
Old 06-03-2010, 12:26 AM   #5
ellenoc
Author

Hi Everyone - since my last post on this thread, "Eyes" has stayed in the Top 100 for historical romances more days than not, which is pretty exciting. More exciting was when it started tipping into the Top 1000 of all Kindle sales now and then, which it seems to be continuing to do.

"Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold" is not only a romance but also a story of family conflicts in 1885 Colorado. If you are a western fan and can stand some romance with your western, it also fits into that category.

Available at Smashwords (free sample is 50%):

and at Amazon for the Kindle:
http://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Silver-Go...5539021&sr=1-1
Old 06-03-2010, 03:13 AM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'll try it, because I liked a lot your "Rottweiler rescue".
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #7
ellenoc
Author

Terisa - Thank you. I've been surprised at how many readers have gotten both books because they are different genres, different kinds of story. Hope you enjoy this one as much or more than the mystery.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I just started reading this book on nightshift last night... It's hard to put down...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #9
ellenoc
Author

Hi Everyone - Some time ago I posted when Eyes began popping into Amazon's Top 1000 now and then. Lately it's been staying there pretty steadily, and for a while earlier today reached #569, the highest I've seen it. Better than that (for me) is the fact that it's the #2 Western, which puts it ahead of Lonesome Dove. Now I know that Lonesome Dove is an older book, just released for the Kindle, and released at a ridiculous price. I DON'T CARE! Just the thought of it tickles me. Happy dance, happy dance!

Eyes had been priced at $1.99, but I raised the price on Smashwords to $2.99 last night and will be raising the Amazon price on or soon after June 30. A paperback edition will be out sometime in July.

http://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Silver-Go...7322797&sr=8-1
Old 07-20-2010, 03:18 AM   #10
ellenoc
Author

I don't know if people visit threads like this once they've read a book, but I hope so because I've had an idea and would like to be able to let readers who enjoyed Eyes know. What happened is that I was organizing and cleaning out some old files on my PC and came across a chapter I edited out of the book before putting it out for Kindle. Not that I thought it was a bad chapter, but the book is long, and I worried about the length of it and was pretty rigorous about anything left in having to be really necessary to the story. This chapter, what I call the Latimer Chapter, is an appealing episode, I think, but didn't reveal anything new or different enough about Anne, Cord or their relationship for the 2,600 words it added.

I don't know if anyone who has read the book and liked it would be interested in downloading this additional chapter (it wouldn't make sense to anyone who has not already read the book), but in case someone might, I've set up a download link on my website and made it available as a prc file, which will work on a Kindle or any other reader of MobiPocket format, and also as a pdf file for Adobe Acrobat.

http://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Silver-Go...9610243&sr=8-1
Old 08-02-2010, 01:34 AM   #11
ellenoc
Author

While Mobile Read readers aren't the ones interested in DTB editions, we all have unenlightened, technophobe friends, don't we?

Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold, a story of romance and family conflicts set in 1885 Colorado, is now available on Amazon in paperback:

http://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Silver-Go...0726913&sr=8-1

Also, of course, for Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Silver-Go...0726913&sr=8-1

And on Smashwords for other ereaders:

Old 08-02-2010, 01:54 AM   #12
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi, Ellen. I've added your book to my cart at smashwords for my next batch purchase. Thank you.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #13
ellenoc
Author

If anyone is interested in a (small) bargain, Amazon has now discounted the price of Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold from $2.99 to $2.39. I don't know how long this will last as the reason they are doing it is to match the discount Kobo has set, and Kobo shouldn't have the book up at all, so....

If you might be interested in a western historical romance with 29 reviews on Amazon, 25 five-star, 3 four-star, and 1 three-star, it is at this moment available for Kindle on Amazon and in ePub on Kobo for $2.39.

http://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Silver-Go...2273773&sr=8-1

http://www.kobobooks.com/search/sear...20o%27connell&
Old 09-03-2010, 01:38 AM   #14
ellenoc
Author

I confess to hoping there are bunches of new K3 owners lurking on forums like this looking for Kindle books and that they may be interested in a popular western historical romance.

http://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Silver-Go...3492276&sr=8-2

Of course it's available on Smashwords for other ereaders too:

Old 09-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #15
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ellen

Your books sounds really good. Congratulations on making it into the Kindle top 100. I put it on my list to buy as soon as I get my Kindle in a few weeks.

www.caramarsi.com
Logan's Redemption-99 cents at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040JI3PG
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
historical romance, western romance