Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Are you in negotiation with a PUBLISHER?

I'm curious to know which of our members are currently working with publishers and how the dialog is progressing on getting YOUR book to market.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
HarryPigg
Alleged Writer
HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
One thing I can certainly pass on, learned through first hand experience: the publishing industry moves exceedingly slow. It's like trying to sprint through treacle!
HarryPigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPigg View Post
One thing I can certainly pass on, learned through first hand experience: the publishing industry moves exceedingly slow. It's like trying to sprint through treacle!
How true, how true. Sign this, talk to this person, change this, move that over a smidge, here's eight more people who have to put their thumbs up in the air before anything else happens, oh and could you wait another eight months why we sit around and look at graphs...on and on...

My experiences a few years ago turned me off the publishing industry forever, what stories I could tell of dissapointment and soul crushing micro-management.

I won't tell those stories though, too busy telling others
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote