Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-31-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
How to eliminate blank lines between paragraphs with Calibre

I have a few mobi files that I want to convert over for my Sony. Does anyone know if it is possible to eliminate the blank lines between the paragraphs? I believe I may be able to use a command in the override css area, but I don't know what that would be. Thanks in advance.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
depends on what the cause of the blank lines is. Try using mobi2oeb and look over the resulting HTML
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
depends on what the cause of the blank lines is. Try using mobi2oeb and look over the resulting HTML
This is what I'm seeing after the paragraph finishes:

</p><div height="0%"></div>
Old 06-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's a tough one, Because of the way the html->LRF conversion works, calibre always ends the current paragraph when it sees a <div> tag irrespective of its height. Then the next <p> tag will start a new paragraph, which means there will end up being a blank line.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

the next version of the mobi converter will have some special code to take care of this.
Advert
Old 06-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
the next version of the mobi converter will have some special code to take care of this.
Wonderful. I really dislike blank lines except to denote a new section.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:01 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
This is what I'm seeing after the paragraph finishes:

</p><div height="0%"></div>
Doing a search and replace of "<div height="0%"></div>" with an empty string should eliminate the blanks. You can then recreate the LRF book from the HTML.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:38 AM   #8
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks for the support. I was able to clean up the html in BD after using mobi2oeb, but having it done in Calibre would be great.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:39 AM   #9
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Doing a search and replace of "<div height="0%"></div>" with an empty string should eliminate the blanks. You can then recreate the LRF book from the HTML.
Yep, I got it cleaned up in BD. I completely forgot about mobi2oeb as a method to convert to html. Another method I tried couldn't handle the compression and that was when I posted.