Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 04:05 AM   #1
ozwrangler
ozwrangler began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver HD Story
Keep iRiver or return?

Not sure about the iRiver?
I can't change line spacing or font?

I looked at one instore, but found the line spacing too condensed on the screen (think it was Pride and Prejudice).

Anyone know it there's a work-around for this?

I often download library books on Overdrive, in case that's relevant.

Thankyou.
Addit: Am in Australia
ozwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:38 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
ozwrangler, welcome to MR!

I'm afraid this is a question you can only answer yourself. The greatest advantage of the iRiver HD is its excellent screen.

How do you generally feel about the iRiver? Do you love reading on it? Is it easy for you to select a book?

To the problem of line spacing/font changing:
I don't know if there is a workaround for library books as they are copyright protected.
But you can play around with "Pride and Prejudice" and see if you like the results.
If you're not having done it already download Sigil. Open the book in Sigil and there you can adjust the stylesheet file (in most cases it's stylesheet.css).
There you can set margins, font-size, line-height, add a different fontset ... You will have to learn a little bit about html and css, but it is not very difficult and once you have found the settings you're satisfied with it will only take you a few minutes to apply them.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
ozwrangler
ozwrangler began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver HD Story
Thanks!
Will take a look @ Sigil now.

Agree the screen is a big plus.
Was really shocked to see how poor txt on the Kobo Touch looked next to it instore.
ozwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote