Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #91
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
1. Try reinstalling RasterFarian
2. Try reinstalling it in Root (C:\RasterFarian)
3. Try using PDFRead if it is a complex document or pdftohtml if you don't care too much of the formatting
Old 08-01-2007, 08:57 AM   #92
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc2 View Post
Hi,

Just got me Sony Ereader and tried RasterFarian 2.5 beta. But I got this error message:

...Creating EPS file from PDF page
...Performing autocropping
...Rastering PNG file from EPS file (this step may take several minutes)
NOTE: Some especially complex pages may take a VERY long time (e.g. an hour)
If this seems to be occuring, you may go into the Task Manager
and kill the gswin32c.exe process. This will result in a blank page.
...Running PNG file through image post-processing
'"C:\Program Files\RasterFarian\\software\NetPBM\pnmscale.exe"' is not recognize
d as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks a lot.

Do you have that executable in that directory? If not, you've probably not installed completely.

I'd not use the preview thingie if I were you btw. The result is pretty awfull when viewed on a normal monitor. It looks much better on the reader.
Advert
Old 08-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #93
nc2
nc2 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY EREADER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
1. Try reinstalling RasterFarian
2. Try reinstalling it in Root (C:\RasterFarian)
3. Try using PDFRead if it is a complex document or pdftohtml if you don't care too much of the formatting
Thank you for replying.

I tried reinstalling, but it didn't work.

How do I install it in the Root? There doesn't seem to be a place where I can specify the directory while installing.

I am trying PDFread. Will see how it works out.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #94
nc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
Do you have that executable in that directory? If not, you've probably not installed completely.

I'd not use the preview thingie if I were you btw. The result is pretty awfull when viewed on a normal monitor. It looks much better on the reader.
I do have the executable in the directory. What I noticed in the error message is that there are two slashes between "RasterFarian" and "software". In other words, the error message has:

C:\Program Files\RasterFarian\\software\NetPBM,

not: C:\Program Files\RasterFarian\software\NetPBM.

Could that be the problem?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:23 AM   #95
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I do have the executable in the directory. What I noticed in the error message is that there are two slashes between "RasterFarian" and "software". In other words, the error message has:

C:\Program Files\RasterFarian\\software\NetPBM,

not: C:\Program Files\RasterFarian\software\NetPBM.

Could that be the problem?
No that doesn't matter.

What happens if you copy and run that program? I mean, go to the start menu, chose run, and then copy and paste that string into the optiona nd see if it runs.

Last edited by athlonkmf; 08-01-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Advert
Old 08-01-2007, 11:14 PM   #96
nc2

Quote:
No that doesn't matter.

What happens if you copy and run that program? I mean, go to the start menu, chose run, and then copy and paste that string into the optiona nd see if it runs.
I just noticed that I don't have "C:\Program Files\RasterFarian\software\NetPBM\pnmscale.exe". But there is this similarly named executable "C:\Program Files\RasterFarian\software\NetPBM\pamscale.exe".

I copied and ran this program. A cmd window flashed by, but nothing else happened.

So the question now is why I have "pamscale.exe", instead of "pnmscale.exe".
Old 08-02-2007, 02:06 AM   #97
athlonkmf
Guru

Quote:
I just noticed that I don't have "C:\Program Files\RasterFarian\software\NetPBM\pnmscale.exe". But there is this similarly named executable "C:\Program Files\RasterFarian\software\NetPBM\pamscale.exe".

I copied and ran this program. A cmd window flashed by, but nothing else happened.

So the question now is why I have "pamscale.exe", instead of "pnmscale.exe".

did you extracted all files correctly? pamscale is different than pnmscale. try reinstalling again
Old 08-02-2007, 09:12 AM   #98
nc2

Quote:
did you extracted all files correctly? pamscale is different than pnmscale. try reinstalling again
I think I know the problem now. I redownloaded everything and extracted the file again. During the extraction, my anti-virus program identified pnmscale as a trojan horse and deleted it.

Just to be sure, so this is a mistake by my anti-virus program, right?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #99
nc2

I disabled my antivirus program and re-installed the program. But during the installation, the access to pnmscale.exe was denied. I continued the installation anyway, but got the same error message when I tried to convert a file.

Could anyone explain? It is driving me nuts.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:43 AM   #100
athlonkmf
Guru

You should remove the existing directory completely first. I don't know why your virus scanner marks it as a virus. My virusscanner says it's safe.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:34 AM   #101
nc2

I deleted the old directory and tried again. Didn't work. Access denied. I will try to install in another computer. Thanks a lot for your great help, athlonkmf !
Old 08-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #102
nc2

It finally works!

The problem is my anti-virus program. I disabled it during installation. And after installation, put the Raster directory in the whitelist so that it is not scanned.

By the way, the results are great. And thanks all who have helped.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:20 AM   #103
athlonkmf
Guru

how come I suddenly have the feeling that I become some sort of helpdesk for this program?
Old 08-03-2007, 09:48 AM   #104
dasoulseeker
dasoulseeker began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500, DR1000s
Old 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #105
warlord
warlord began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Bump!

Last edited by warlord; 08-04-2007 at 07:02 AM.
Closed Thread