Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 06:21 AM   #16
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
  • Please don't discuss moderation on the boards. Check the guidelines. If you've got an issue, PM a mod. But since you asked....
  • I'm tempted to apply the definition of idiocy, myself, to the repostings. Certainly there was no malice involved nor incompetence at the editing end. One post was deleted for sheer offensiveness and pugnacity and the second because it was largely a repost.
  • Once a green has ruled on something, it's time to let it go. And if a post has been deleted, don't just assume you can come back with the same or similar comment.
Just a suggestion, but I believe it would be helpful that instead of deleting the post, edit out the content and replace it (in green) with "Deleted by moderator". And give the reason so the poster knows what didn't follow the guidelines. My preference, that I see on other forums, is for moderators to quote the offensive post and then say in green why the post(s) are unacceptable, that way all members know what not to do.
Old 02-15-2024, 07:02 AM   #17
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Just a suggestion, but I believe it would be helpful that instead of deleting the post, edit out the content and replace it (in green) with "Deleted by moderator". And give the reason so the poster knows what didn't follow the guidelines. My preference, that I see on other forums, is for moderators to quote the offensive post and then say in green why the post(s) are unacceptable, that way all members know what not to do.
All good points. That nothing was done along those lines is because the post wasn't deleted initially, it was made invisible while the mods discussed it. Hence it appeared deleted (which would have allowed for the actions you suggest), but was in fact still "live".

However, if a post crosses a line, a reason to delete is so that other members don't see it, so annotations won't serve.

I'm closing this thread. The points have been made: neither binary gender choice needs to be made and the options won't change.
Advert
Closed Thread