Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-16-2024, 04:24 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Clear all multi-quote 'flags'

How? Where?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 07:16 PM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
How? Where?

BR
Quote one more post. Look below it, and you'll be given the option of clearing out the other posts. Then back out. Done.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2024, 08:43 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Quote one more post. Look below it, and you'll be given the option of clearing out the other posts. Then back out. Done.
Bit sneaky…
Nevertheless ta.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 09:05 PM   #4
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I am feeling a bit stupid. I have quoted 5 posts, then another, and another, and another and I don't see anything.

Can you post a screenshot of what is meant to happen?
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 07:12 AM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
I am feeling a bit stupid. I have quoted 5 posts, then another, and another, and another and I don't see anything.

Can you post a screenshot of what is meant to happen?
I'm being dim, but I don't understand what you're asking. How to use multi-quote? What happens when you don't clear out multi-quotes? Where to click to clear them out?
Advert
Old 01-17-2024, 08:46 AM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I'm being dim, but I don't understand what you're asking. How to use multi-quote? What happens when you don't clear out multi-quotes? Where to click to clear them out?
I don't see anywhere to click to clear them out. I click on a second, third, ... multi-quote, and I don't see any option to clear out the other multi-quotes.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 09:14 AM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I don't see anywhere to click to clear them out. I click on a second, third, ... multi-quote, and I don't see any option to clear out the other multi-quotes.
Pick a random post in a different thread and quote it. Look below the dialogue box and there will be an option to deselect the multi-quotes.
Old 01-17-2024, 11:09 AM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Pick a random post in a different thread and quote it. Look below the dialogue box and there will be an option to deselect the multi-quotes.
Got it. Thank you. Neat that you can use multi-quotes across threads.

Now the problem will be remembering this.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 01:36 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Got it. Thank you. Neat that you can use multi-quotes across threads.

Now the problem will be remembering this.
Comes in very handy when responding to posts where the information is spread across 3 or more threads in different forums.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 02:23 PM   #10
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Where to click to clear them out?
That one. That was the original question, and what I was trying to replicate.

Quote:
Ok, tried multi-quote additional quotes in another thread. Still don't see anyway of clearing them. Is the option microscopic? Which dialogue box?

Good to know you can multi-quote across threads.
Old 01-17-2024, 03:13 PM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
That one. That was the original question, and what I was trying to replicate.

Ok, tried multi-quote additional quotes in another thread. Still don't see anyway of clearing them. Is the option microscopic? Which dialogue box?

Good to know you can multi-quote across threads.
Pick a random post in a different thread and quote it. You'll get a dialogue box with the quoted post in which to write your "response". Look immediately below and to the left of the dialogue box and see the option to clear out the multi-quotes.
Old 01-17-2024, 03:19 PM   #12
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (6).png
Views:	37
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	205856
Old 01-17-2024, 05:15 PM   #13
Karellen
Wizard

Got it, thanks.

I actually have to quote all the multi-quote posts. I thought that if I went through and marked all the multi-quote posts I wanted, then changed my mind about posting, then an option would be there to unselect them all. Just have to go back and manually uncheck them.

If I multi-quote in a single thread, there is still no way to clear them. Quoting them into the reply box, but then not posting it, does not clear those marked multi-quote posts. Still have to go through and manually uncheck each one.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:05 PM   #14
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Got it, thanks.

I actually have to quote all the multi-quote posts. I thought that if I went through and marked all the multi-quote posts I wanted, then changed my mind about posting, then an option would be there to unselect them all. Just have to go back and manually uncheck them.

If I multi-quote in a single thread, there is still no way to clear them. Quoting them into the reply box, but then not posting it, does not clear those marked multi-quote posts. Still have to go through and manually uncheck each one.
No, but you're missing a key element: quote a post from a different thread, and then you can clear them out in one fell swoop.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:40 PM   #15
Karellen
Wizard

Quote:
No, but you're missing a key element: quote a post from a different thread, and then you can clear them out in one fell swoop.
Got it. Thanks