Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #1771
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Argentinian SF online magazine - Axxon:
Attached Files
File Type: zip axxon_magazine.zip (1.2 KB, 146 views)
Old 04-11-2010, 04:37 PM   #1772
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxtonReader View Post
G and Kovid - I appreciate the time you take with people's small problems. You have written a great program and offer terrific support.
Fix for archiving periodicals on Kindle will be in next release. Thanks for the kind words.

G
Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #1773
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxtonReader View Post
G and Kovid - I appreciate the time you take with people's small problems. You have written a great program and offer terrific support.
I'm glad to see the folks who had a chance to troubleshoot this problem correctly were able to figure it out.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #1774
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@hansd: Why are you replicating the download cover functionality from BasicNewsRecipe in your recipes?
Old 04-12-2010, 12:44 AM   #1775
hansd
hansd began at the beginning.

Device: dr1000
@kovid,

I need to dowload a cover image to replace the default library and I still want the rest of the cover layout. I looked at the source of BasicRecipe to see if I could hook into the existing code, but could not find a way hence.

Reviewing now the current/resulting code, could indeed the _download_cover_img() be replaced with a call to _dowload_cover, renaming the file and doing the extra work.
I started out with modification more deeply in the code, but the resulting code can indeed be more elegant. Thanks for asking the question/making the remark. I'll make the adjustments later.

PS: if default_cover could take a variable for the default_image, that part of the code duplication could also be eliminated

Last edited by hansd; 04-12-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 01:15 AM   #1776
hansd
hansd began at the beginning.

Device: dr1000
updated recipes, with less code duplication (functionality the same)
Attached Files
File Type: zip nation-ke.recipe.zip (2.4 KB, 141 views)
File Type: zip standardmedia-ke.recipe.zip (2.1 KB, 140 views)
Old 04-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #1777
Ulyssesfi
Ulyssesfi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Hello!
After tryiyng for two weeks to make an recipe for an brazilian newspaper feed, I give up!
If someone more able could build an recipe for
http://www.estadao.com.br/rss/
it will be great.

(it´s the same newspaper of the recipe |portuguese|estado de são paulo, (this one don´t work for me))...
Old 04-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #1778
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

What is your problem with the existi Estado de S. Paulo recipe? Is it working or not?
Old 04-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #1779
kiklop74
Guru

The Estadao de s. paulo was not working due to a site change. Here is the updated recipe:
Attached Files
File Type: zip estadao.zip (985 Bytes, 147 views)
Old 04-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #1780
kool
kool began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500; iPad; K3
Request: Pls add these newspaper to fetch news

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Kovid,

I hope you are doing fine. Thanks for having two newspaper from Pakistan in "Fetch news" option.

Can you please add following newspappers as well:

http://www.brecorder.com/
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/

Also if possible, please add following local daily:
http://www.jang.com.pk/

I will really appreciate your help.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #1781
gambarini
Connoisseur
gambarini began at the beginning.

Device: IRiver Story, Ipod Touch, Android SmartPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@gamabarini: Some sites give you forbidden error s if you try to download too many files from them in a short time. Use the delay setting to add some delay between downloads
i have tried with 10 seconds of delay setting, but the message is the same:

"httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden"
Old 04-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #1782
Ulyssesfi
Ulyssesfi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Smile Thanks, master!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiklop74 View Post
The Estadao de s. paulo was not working due to a site change. Here is the updated recipe:
Thanks for the recipe, my friend....
Old 04-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #1783
gambarini
Connoisseur
gambarini began at the beginning.

Device: IRiver Story, Ipod Touch, Android SmartPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambarini View Post
i have tried with 10 seconds of delay setting, but the message is the same:

"httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden"
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 758-760: invalid data
Old 04-13-2010, 04:48 PM   #1784
square4761
square4761 began at the beginning.

Device: sony
wsj now working

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It may be a temporary error with their website. Can someone else who uses WSJ comment if it is working for them?
You were right, it is now working as of today. Thank you.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:43 PM   #1785
EnergyLens
Hack
EnergyLens began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite
Smile Universal Blogspot Downloader

Here is a recipe to download any blog hosted by blogspot provided the author uses the Blog Archive widget. You can specify specific Months and Years to download. years=[] will download all years; months=[] will download all months.

To customize this recipe for your target blog:

Within class Blogger:
1. Edit the name and description to reflect the blog you are targeting
2. Edit the INDEX to point to the root URL for the blog you are targeting

Withing "def parse_index"

1. For all years set years=[]
2. For specific years set years to a list of targets: years=['2010','2007']
3. For all months set months=[]
4. For specific months set months to a list of targets: months=['January']
Attached Files
File Type: zip blogArchDate.recipe.zip (1.5 KB, 192 views)

Last edited by EnergyLens; 04-14-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Closed Thread