Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-15-2015, 01:24 AM   #1
jeevcat
jeevcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Unhappy Disable auto usbnet - reboot loop

Hi! I tried to unblacklist my Kindle Paperwhite by following this tutorial https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193260.

However, after creating the /var/local/java/prefs/reginfo file, my Kindle is stuck in a boot loop. My Kindle is jailbroken, and I want to run the following RUNME.sh script to fix the issue:

Code:
mntroot rw
chattr -i /var/local/java/prefs/reginfo
chmod 777 /var/local/java/prefs/reginfo
rm /var/local/java/prefs/reginfo
echo 0 > /var/local/upstart/lab126_gui.restarts
However, my kindle doesn't show up as a USB device at any point during the reboot, as usbnet is automatically starting due to an /usbnet/auto file being present on the Kindle.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks!
jeevcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:30 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Try connecting via USBNetwork?
I wouldn't leave it on auto unless I was sure I had it set up corrrectly.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2015, 02:04 AM   #3
jeevcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Try connecting via USBNetwork?
Unfortunately, the Kindle reboots before I can connect! The Kindle stays on the "Your Kindle Needs Repairing" screen after a couple of reboot cycles now.

Last edited by jeevcat; 06-15-2015 at 04:33 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:41 AM   #4
jeevcat

Thanks for your help. I actually just kept trying to connect to USBNetwork using telnet during the boot process until I finally got through! All fixed
Old 06-15-2015, 08:32 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Learn anything?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2015, 08:58 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
In a similar case, I believe Geekmaster managed to factory reset a recalcitrant Kindle using the rest file trick... by running a shell loop to touch the file, which did manage to catch the Kindle in the single instant it showed up as an external drive.

You just gotta be fast.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pw2, usbnet