Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 04:48 AM   #1
ThomasC
Thunder Down Under
ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle dxg, K3, K4nt, iPhone
Kindle DXG on sale for $259!!!

Wow, Amazon are now selling the DXG for only $259 ($120 below list price). Pretty good deal for a 9.7 inch e-ink reader inho.

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-DX-Wire...2128003&sr=1-1

Almost makes me want to buy another one, lol!

Cheers,
Tom
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:19 AM   #2
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Guess I will have to buy one.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 05:51 AM   #3
MichelRenaud
Connoisseur
MichelRenaud began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Would have been nice if this had been one year ago, when I bought mine.
MichelRenaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:04 AM   #4
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
The new price is only for Black Friday Deals Week (11/24 to 11/28)
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
reprep
Addict
reprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: amazon kindle DXG
A good deal if you are looking for a 9.7 inch e-book reader.
reprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #6
bakerjw
Enthusiast
bakerjw doesn't litterbakerjw doesn't litter

Device: none
That is almost tempting. Where I work we deal with a lot of PDF specifications and the larger screen would be perfect. Time will tell.
bakerjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
mikeschr
Connoisseur
mikeschr is on a distinguished road

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadata View Post
The new price is only for Black Friday Deals Week (11/24 to 11/28)
It also says "while supplies last", so this could be the last we'll see of the DX.
mikeschr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
I should buy one for a spare, LOL
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #9
polbit
Connoisseur
polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle HDX 8.9, Yoga 2 Pro
Yeah, probably just selling out the remaining stock.
polbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #10
robb01
Connoisseur
robb01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
really good deal
robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #11
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I am so very tempted, especially with my Boox M90 being such a pain to operate.

eta: I just remembered I have $60 in Amazon GCs from swagbucks, and a $10 credit Amazon gave me for an item being late, so I just ordered a DX.... $189 after using all of this.....

Last edited by pidgeon92; 11-24-2011 at 01:56 PM.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #12
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I am so very tempted, especially with my Boox M90 being such a pain to operate.
You're going to replace Boox M90 with DX?

I saw M90 two weeks ago and was pretty impressed with its handling of PDFs. Now I ordered DX (and I'm planning to install K3 software on it), but I'm still not sure whether it was a good way or I should rather buy M90.
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #13
whoever
Enthusiast
whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Windows XP
Mine is already on the way. I don't know what kind of petite actors Amazon hired, but DXG looks much smaller in person than the advertising photos.
whoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #14
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
That thing is so big shouldn't the battery last like 6 months? What's with the 2-3 week battery rating?
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #15
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post
Mine is already on the way. I don't know what kind of petite actors Amazon hired, but DXG looks much smaller in person than the advertising photos.

Compared to the Kindle 3 it's fairly big. I havent' seen a picture with the Kindle 4 beside that thing, but I can't imagine carrying that around.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote