Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #16
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by David58117 View Post
Yeah, but each bezel is of a dark color.
Perhaps yours were. There are white Kindles and silver Sonys out there. My Boox M90 has a white bezel.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:01 AM   #17
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Perhaps yours were. There are white Kindles and silver Sonys out there. My Boox M90 has a white bezel.
Yeah, of the ones being discussed in my comparisons..
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #18
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez_terr View Post
Light-wise I'm debating between an official Sony cover (with light), Mighty Bright's 'Miniflex' and Octovo's 'Solis'. I'm waiting for to get my hands on my e-reader before I make a final choice.
IMO E-ink needs external lighting. In anything but excellent lighting, I use a light, otherwise I get eye-fatigue. I use the mighty-bright travelflex on a 650. Be warned, I don't think there's enough space between the t1 case and the t1 to clip a light on.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:49 AM   #19
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Another thing that will make a difference in how light the screen appears is the color of the bezel. Same concept as wearing a dark colored lipstick to make your teeth look whiter.
you know, I thought that, too, until I checked (and for days on end) with two identical readers in the house - mine is white, my partner's is black, and honestly I really cannot say I noticed any difference. It may be this particular brand, but I remember a discussion somewhere on the forum on reader bezels, and I seem to remember that other people had a similar experience to mine. Which is good, because I am considering an Onyx (need anothe large reader in the house), so the white bezel is not going to put me off!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #20
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
you know, I thought that, too, until I checked (and for days on end) with two identical readers in the house - mine is white, my partner's is black, and honestly I really cannot say I noticed any difference. It may be this particular brand, but I remember a discussion somewhere on the forum on reader bezels, and I seem to remember that other people had a similar experience to mine. Which is good, because I am considering an Onyx (need anothe large reader in the house), so the white bezel is not going to put me off!
Some are more sensitive to others for bezel, but it doesn't have too much effect on me either. My last 2 posts on this page might be of some help. they represent the exact color of the k4/k3 texts, background & bezel measured using a spectrophotometer: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=152579&page=5

My K4 is actually slightly brighter for the white, and darker for the black than the K3 I've tested: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=41
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #21
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post
Some are more sensitive to others for bezel, but it doesn't have too much effect on me either. My last 2 posts on this page might be of some help. they represent the exact color of the k4/k3 texts, background & bezel measured using a spectrophotometer: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=152579&page=5

My K4 is actually slightly brighter for the white, and darker for the black than the K3 I've tested: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=41
very interesting, thank you!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #22
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Which is good, because I am considering an Onyx (need anothe large reader in the house), so the white bezel is not going to put me off!
Definitely wait until the reviews come out on the new M92. I have the M90, and it's horribly buggy.

On the plus side, the white bezel doesn't bother me at all. On the negative side, it crashes so often it doesn't matter what color the bezel is.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote