Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-18-2023, 09:10 PM   #1
mrfakename
Developer
mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G (Keyboard), Used
How to copy files without USBNet?

Hi all!
I was wondering if there's any way to copy files to a folder that isn't accessible by plugging my Kindle 3G (jailbroken) in over USB.
I've tried using USBNet, but I wasn't able to get it to work, as I'm using a newer version of macOS.
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I'm specifically looking for ways to access the root filesystem (ie stuff not available via USB).

Last edited by mrfakename; 10-20-2023 at 03:03 PM.
mrfakename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 12:19 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
kterm
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 11:45 AM   #3
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
Another option - [KUAL Extension] HTTP-based file browser
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=333219
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 01:46 PM   #4
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkasit View Post
Another option - [KUAL Extension] HTTP-based file browser
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=333219
How does that allow writing files to the root filesystem?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2023, 10:14 PM   #5
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think we can specify working directory (-r)

./filebrowser --noauth -a 0.0.0.0 -p 80 -r "/"

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
How does that allow writing files to the root filesystem?
Old 10-21-2023, 06:43 PM   #6
mrfakename
Developer
mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.mrfakename is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G (Keyboard), Used
Hi @tekkasit,
Thanks for your suggestion! I tried the file browser KUAL extension on my Kindle Paperwhite 3 (3G), but nothing happened when I tried to launch it. (I'll also post this in the File Browser thread)
mrfakename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 08:36 PM   #7
tekkasit
Groupie

@mrfakename You need to know the Kindle IP (via "Show status"), then launch a web browser and browse to http://<your-kindle-ip-address>.

Tags
usbnet