Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-20-2020, 10:36 AM   #1
andrej
andrej began at the beginning.

Device: PW (PW1)
Moving from Duokan and Kindle 5.3.1 to jailbroken official and KOreader

Hello people! I'm new to the kindle jailbreak scene and I have a somewhat outdated device, so I'll ask here. I tried searching first, but came out empty handed.

I bought a jailbroken Kindle PW (PW1, EY21), which has Kindle 5.3.1 and Duokan some version. I'm able to boot both, but I seem to be unable to login to Amazon and download books from my account. Duokan works alright with PDFs and EPUBs.

Anyway, I stumbled upon this forum and these tools and mods look very appealing (KOReader especially), so I'd like to ditch Duokan and move to an optimal version of the official software + jailbreak + tweaks and mods found here. Also, being a long-time Linux user and FOSS aficionado, I love that these tools are FOSS.

How would I go about that? The device is apparently already jailbroken, but I found info that the Duokan jailbreak is incompatible. How would I replace it with a compatible one? How to remove Duokan? Should I then update the system and to what version? Can I then follow the KOReader instructions?

Will I be able to get my Amazon books? Either by logging in or otherwise, with the help of my computer? What worries me is that the serial number in official software is B024 0000 0000 0000, does that affect anything?

Thank you very much for helping me!
andrej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:54 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
TL;DR: You're on your own.

(We don't support Duokan. And, even if we did, we have no idea how deeply it fucks with the system anyway).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:19 AM   #3
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Moreover, the serial number suggests that this Kindle was reported as stolen to Amazon. Mobileread doesn’t support such devices at all

Last edited by mergen3107; 01-20-2020 at 08:07 PM.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:30 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Oh, I was assuming that was conscious obfuscation on the OP's part . Never had a BL Kindle on hand, though, but, that too ^^.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duokan, jailbreak