Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-16-2017, 04:57 PM   #1
AZBooks
AZBooks began at the beginning.

Device: Android Smartphone
Bulk find books without "Comments/Plot"?

I want to go through my entire library and fill in those missing a Plot/Comments before I move all these books to the tablet.

With a few thousand books, how would you find/sort to view just those books that are missing Comments? I triede creating a custom column, that didn't work.
AZBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #2
higgs
Connoisseur
higgs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicing

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW3
Try a search for; comments:false
Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 02-16-2017 at 10:23 PM.
higgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:13 AM   #3
AZBooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by higgs View Post
Try a search for; comments:false
Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
You "code" guys freak me out. BINGO! that worked great. Its goes without saying there's probably 6-700 settings in the app.....without plugins. Rock on. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:01 AM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Grin. If you want to do stuff like that (bludgeoning your metadata into shape) on several thousand books, get the Quality Check plugin. It does this, and lots more.

A must-have.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:41 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Besides the othe good answers:
Quality check Plugin to detect (and a few fixes too) for all sorts of common Metadata issues (and some other stuff)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:44 PM   #6
AZBooks

Thanks. That Quality plugin answered a few other issues - primarily, find books with tiny images so I can hunt and replace them. I only wish I knew what so many of the other features did like

NCX TOC, embedded fonts, check CSS (margins, justified), and so on.

Thanks All. I hope my sister appreciattes all this work. This 8" Tab S2 tablet is her birthday present, pre-loaded with fully configured Overdrive, Moon+ Reader, Netflix, email and such.

Last edited by AZBooks; 02-19-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:47 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If the book has no plot, don't read it. You won't like it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:09 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If the book has no plot, don't read it. You won't like it.
Or a bad one
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote