Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-05-2023, 02:13 PM   #1
tozz
tozz began at the beginning.

Device: Google Play Books
prefers-color-scheme media query

I'm trying to add individualized refinement of book presentation when a user selects one of Calibre's built-in themes. As far as I can determine, Calibre always registers the color scheme as "light" regardless of the system's selection or viewer/editor/manager selection or if it's calibre style or System default (Win10).
"prefers-color-scheme: dark" can be forced in "Inspector>More Tools>Rendering>Emulate CSS media feature prefers-color-scheme" and renders properly, but I'm hoping for a CSS solution and, ideally, color-scheme names for the Sepia selections.
tozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 07:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you go to the viewer preferences->Styles it will tell you the class names you can use to target various viewer modes.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2023, 04:47 PM   #3
tozz
tozz began at the beginning.

Device: Google Play Books
Ah, thank you! It seems I was quite sloppy when i first tried this, but it works completely properly as described.
tozz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prefers-color-scheme