Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #91
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Was postage included?

It's outrageous that we're charged $30 per device more than Canada and the US eh!!
$189 probably includes postage which was almost $40 last time I checked. CDNS have to pay about $20 taxes which makes the difference only $20.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #92
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Kobo shipping/tracking has had big problems in the past. I hope it goes more smoothly this time. I do though try to keep it in perspective. For example, I ordered something from Amazon.com on Sept 13 and got an email saying it shipped the same day (yay). Going into tracking for the item, it did not show as received by carrier until Set 17. It was in Des Plaines Il, and for all I know it is still there. I have gotten one email from Amazon when it shipped-4 days before the shipper apparently actually had it.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #93
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
$189 probably includes postage which was almost $40 last time I checked. CDNS have to pay about $20 taxes which makes the difference only $20.
Nah 189 is the shop floor price in Australia.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #94
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
I went to Futureshop in Quebec City yesterday, there's a plenty of Aura (10+)...

Please remind me to never ever pre-order from Kobo webstore.
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #95
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
I went to Futureshop in Quebec City yesterday, there's a plenty of Aura (10+)...

Please remind me to never ever pre-order from Kobo webstore.
LOL! That sucks. Why would anyone pre-order? Pretty abysmal, Kobo.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #96
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I don't pre-order, but that being said, Kobo devices are frequently available in bricks and mortar stores in Edmonton and Calgary a week before they can be found in my community, half way between the two.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #97
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Now the US order page has nothing about ordering the Aura from Kobo at all. Not even an out of stock button.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #98
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
It reminds me the Ni No Kuni fiasco. With a company like that, you would at least try to be professional.

If at least I could cancel my preorder...
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #99
blueberry pie
blueberry pie began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre eBook Reader Pro
Earlier in this thread I stated that I pre-ordered on 9/13 from the Kobo US website. On 9/17 Kobo sent a shipping notice with a tracking number. As of 12:15pm eastern time, my status is as follows, from Canada Post (service is stated as "expedited USA" 4-10 business days):

2013/09/18 05:15 USORDS, International shipment has arrived in a foreign country
2013/09/17 12:44 International item has left Canada
2013/09/16 15:43 ETOBICOKE Electronic information submitted by shipper.

So far, all is well with my Kobo karma. Massachusetts isn't far from the Toronto area, so perhaps that's part of my good experience. It will be interesting to see what happens to tracking now that it's out of the Canada Post. I do wonder about the inconsistency with service in various countries. One would think the company would strive for excellence in communication within the largest customer bases. I don't think the US is near the top of that list. No one I know has heard of Kobo.
blueberry pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #100
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry pie View Post
It will be interesting to see what happens to tracking now that it's out of the Canada Post.
Once it hits the U.S. you need to enter your tracking number in the USPS site to continue tracking from what others have said (i.e. you won't get further updates on the Canada Post website).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #101
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
I finally called them again. Order is "still processing" and "has not yet shipped" and there are "others that have not been shipped yet too". There is a "shipping delay" but what or why that delay is the CS agent hadn't a clue. Very frustrating. I ordered on August 28. They charged my credit card (not pending, they have my $149) on Sept. 12. I got an invoice on Sept 12 and still waiting for a shipping notice.

If I had any other alternative to buying one I would but right now looks like there are no stores anywhere near here that will be selling them. Why can't they sell them at Best Buy like they do in Canada? I am beyond annoyed at this point.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #102
Haldir
Haldir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
I am beyond annoyed at this point.
My progress so far: Apparently there are only two different customer reps on the chat for UK, one Johnny C and one Arlen E. They both contradicted themselves in previous chats. Today Johnny C. couldn't even find my order anymore for the UK and Arlen E. still said "in progress". I have no idea what is taking them so long, but i'm beyond annoyed too. A more detailed e-mail to their support asking them what happened wasn't even answered.

Edit: Did anyone from the UK receive his pre-order yet?
Haldir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #103
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
IOrder is "still processing" and "has not yet shipped" and there are "others that have not been shipped yet too". There is a "shipping delay" but what or why that delay is the CS agent hadn't a clue. Very frustrating. I ordered on August 28. They charged my credit card (not pending, they have my $149) on Sept. 12. I got an invoice on Sept 12 and still waiting for a shipping notice.
I too ordered on Aug 28, and my card shows the invoice was posted on Sep 12, so both those dates seem to be the same. I had thought that Kobo would ship on the same day the card bill cleared.

I emailed Kobo Customer Care, and received the following answer a day or two later:
"You contacted us today requesting a order status update. We have escalated this matter to the Direct Orders department requesting they provide you with a Tracking Number and information about your order. This department will contact you in the next 2 to 3 business days."

Concern:
Kobo shipping is still having problems. Perhaps the pre- and early orders exceeded their capability. However, the appearance of "out of stock" notices is somewhat disconcerning. Even more so is the disappearance of the ordering page at the Kobo site!

Try this:
Go to the kobo.com page, and click on the appropriate links to view the Aura page. So far, so good.
Click on "Find a Retailer".
Now, click on either the Kobo Canada or Kobo USA links.
Do you see this?
Quote:
Oops!
Sorry, we're unable to locate the content you're looking for. The content may no longer be available or the link you followed may be broken. The problem has been reported. In the meantime, try a search.
-
TheBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #104
Haldir
Haldir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBard View Post
I emailed Kobo Customer Care, and received the following answer a day or two later:
"You contacted us today requesting a order status update. We have escalated this matter to the Direct Orders department requesting they provide you with a Tracking Number and information about your order. This department will contact you in the next 2 to 3 business days."
Hehe, I received pretty much the same from the UK team, only difference is Tier-2 team instead of Direct Orders. Looks like they don't really have a clue.
Haldir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #105
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
I finally got a tracking number for the Aura I won from their #KoboRitual Twitter contest two days after it was promised it would ship and a number of emails to the woman who originally contacted me regarding my win. It's coming via UPS; current status shows
Quote:
Concord, ON, Canada 09/18/2013 4:37 P.M. Pickup Scan
It doesn't show an expected delivery date yet but that should show up once it's in transit; being as how I'm in California it should be here by next Tuesday.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote