Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 03:58 AM   #1
sikm
sikm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi from Oz

One of my sons has an extensive collection of e-books and has long used various e-book readers. Despite his enthusiasm for them I couldn't see myself ever using one I had to have the tactile experience of a 'real' book.

A month ago I bought my Kindle and, since then, have read a huge number of books, far more than I have read for years. I guess you could say that I'm a convert. Not only I, my wife envies me and is about to buy her own reader - perhaps we'll soon be reading in tandem.

I'm that taken with the concept that, who knows, I might even end up with an IPad!

Simon

Last edited by sikm; 10-26-2011 at 04:02 AM.
sikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:30 AM   #2
marino.DV
Groupie
marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
well the fact with ereaders is that it gives a more, let's say, Star Trek experience to a habit that also offers pleasure.
marino.DV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote