Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-15-2010, 07:49 AM   #31
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
don15, yes an improved touch screen would be great!

As for the member levels, junior = 0-49 posts made, member = 50-99 posts, senior = 100+ posts. I'm still wondering at what point I'll be "guru" :P
Whether your title says it or not, we all know the truth of the situation.....Boris is our GURU!!

Old 05-15-2010, 12:02 PM   #32
Eddy R
Edge User

...Amen!!!

Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #33
Peter
Edge User

just received an update don't see anything new though

Anyone else?

Old 05-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #34
Peter
Edge User

ah thanks Boris, just confusing because I feel like I've instaaled that minor update before. Did they issue revisions to that one?

Old 05-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #35
robot
Edge User

"Support for viewing web pages on e-reader as epub or PDF file" not what I hoped for :-(
I have problems with eyes, so I really want to be able BROWSE internet using e-ink (not to load page on LCD, convert it to e-ink page, read it, and return to LCD to find an link, click on it... and so on). Too complicated.

So still waiting for e-ink SDK, to made this by myself :-(

Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #36
10tklz
Edge User

This is so exciting, I am compulsively checking for updates every couple hours!!

Old 05-15-2010, 11:53 PM   #37
StevenP
Edge User

I feel a little late in responding but I was thrilled to read the latest newsletter today. I am extremely excited about the upcoming major update!! Great news for all of us!

Old 05-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #38
vicinc
Edge User

Do you want any beta testers? I offer myself a volunteer. I promise long review.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #39
OracleFromChicago
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot View Post
"Support for viewing web pages on e-reader as epub or PDF file" not what I hoped for :-(
I have problems with eyes, so I really want to be able BROWSE internet using e-ink (not to load page on LCD, convert it to e-ink page, read it, and return to LCD to find an link, click on it... and so on). Too complicated.

So still waiting for e-ink SDK, to made this by myself :-(
Back in January, I asked Entourage if they had any plans for supporting web browsing on the Eink side. They told me no but they would look into html => pdf/epub conversion so you can read it on the Eink display. I am thrilled that they followed through. This is probably very useful if it works correctly. But I am somewhat disappointed that we will not be able to use the Eink display in landscape mode even with the new release. Engineers might be thinking too hard on this one. All we really need is to be able to rotate the PDF document. This should be easily done within the Reader application. Most PDF readers, if not all, offer this function.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #40
edgelover
Edge User

Smile Hmmm

It's great to know there is an update coming now I am waiting for an update for this and the Sprint HTC Evo on June 4th so much anticipation it would be nice to know a ball park date as there are still 2 and a half weeks left in May or will it be launched the last day of May to mid June?

Old 05-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #41
10tklz
Edge User

I am ecstatic over this coming update! I am, however, wondering when Blackboard integration is going to happen?

Last edited by 10tklz; 06-02-2010 at 08:08 AM.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #42
OracleFromChicago
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
In contrast, landscape eInk was never promised.
That's a good point. On the other hand, I cannot think of any other PDF reader that does not have this function. This is so basic. It seems really odd that they would work on Flash lite support but not on its PDF reading function.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #43
vicinc
Edge User

I keep insisting that the most important function should be the ability to freeze a screen on lcd side and transfer it to e-ink. this is very easy to implement, alexreader android machine with 2 screens already has this. then you can open a pdf in any android pdf reader, or open any page, press and hold rotate button and select transfer to eink. job done. you can read your pdf in landscape mode, or transfer any web page from any browser to e ink. I can not believe entourage people did not think about this.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:16 AM   #44
omagedon
Edge User

I am hopping cause a lot of my PDFs are too small to read Portrait Mode but would be excellent on Landscape Mode Zoomed in. Flash Lite is important but a lot of people are moving towards HTML5 which majority of the people think would be the future...(Apple Supporters).

Old 05-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #45
vicinc
Edge User

I am an apple user and I do believe Steve Jobs stance on flash is stupid or commercial. we need the choice. Android 2.2 will bring flash to android so lets hope our second major update will be to 2.2.