Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2018, 08:33 AM   #1
inthecolonies
inthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini
Tiny spec of dust underneath Clara HD screen

I've owned my Clara HD for a week now and today I turned the light up to 70+ for the first time. I've just noticed there is a tiny speck of dust lodged underneath the screen in the lower right part of the screen. Thinking about returning it for a new one?

Has anyone else noticed dust underneath their screens? This is my third Kobo and the first time I've seen this.

I've tried rubbing it off and I've tried wetting the screen but this spec really is under the glass.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4096.JPG
Views:	441
Size:	549.8 KB
ID:	166433  

Last edited by inthecolonies; 09-28-2018 at 10:10 AM.
inthecolonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:43 AM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthecolonies View Post
I've owned my Clara HD for a week now and today I turned the light up to 70+ for the first time. I've just noticed there is a tiny spec of dust lodged underneath the screen in the lower right part of the screen. Thinking about returning it for a new one?

Has anyone else noticed dust underneath their screens? This is my third Kobo and the first time I've seen this.

I've tried rubbing it off and I've tried wetting the screen but this spec really is under the glass.

Eek that would really annoy me! I just checked my Clara and the screen seems clean. I'd definitely exchange yours if I were you... unless it doesn't really bother you
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2018, 11:56 AM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
I've owned my Clara HD for a week now and today I turned the light up to 70+ for the first time. I've just noticed there is a tiny spec of dust lodged underneath the screen in the lower right part of the screen. Thinking about returning it for a new one?

Can you only see it when the light is turned way up? Do you ever actually read that way? If it were my Kobo, I'd keep it unless the speck was noticeable under my normal reading conditions. The problem with specks like that are once you see them, they're impossible to un-see. If that's the only problem with your Kobo and it doesn't really bother you, my advise would be to hang on to this one.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:07 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
...I've tried rubbing it off and I've tried wetting the screen but this spec really is under the glass.
I'm having trouble finding the spec, but if it bugs you then definitely exchange it. It will "eat" at you if you don't.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:34 PM   #5
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tiny spec of dust underneath Clara HD screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I'm having trouble finding the spec,

It's a miniature little hair, just below the "il" in the word "filing" a little to the right and a little below the very centre of the image.
Advert
Old 09-23-2018, 12:42 AM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
It's a miniature little hair, just below the "il" in the word "filing" a little to the right and a little below the very centre of the image.
I thought that might be it. I (personally) think I could ignore something this small fairly easily. But if it's bothersome to the original poster, I would just get exchanged and not worry about it.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:05 AM   #7
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
I think that you should return it, Kobo cut a lot of corners with this model, and should not be allowed to think that they can get away with it.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:09 AM   #8
inthecolonies
inthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheeseinthecolonies can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini
Just a quick update: I knew that the tiny speck would keep annoying me and for €130, I wasn’t willing to put up with that so a few days ago I did exchange the Clara HD for a new one. So far so good on the new one.

Last edited by inthecolonies; 09-28-2018 at 10:10 AM.
inthecolonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:07 AM   #9
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Just a quick update: I knew that the tiny spec would keep annoying me and for €130, I wasn’t willing to put up with that so a few days ago I did exchange the Clara HD for a new one. So far so good on the new one.

Good decision 👍🏼 I hope you get lots hours of fun with the your new Clara.

Tags
clara hd, kobo, screen