Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
Paul Levine
Connoisseur
Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Jake Lassiter Suspected of Murder, Threatened with Death, in "Fool Me Twice"

"Fool Me Twice," ($2.99) is currently number 9 on Kindle's Hardboiled Mystery Bestseller List.

“You ever hear the expression ‘Fool me once, shame on you?’”

“Sure. ‘Fool me twice, shame on me.’”

“No, Lassiter. Fool me twice, you’re dead.”

Linebacker-turned-lawyer Jake Lassiter is back in the just-released "FOOL ME TWICE" ($2.99), this time defending Blinky Baroso, a “repeat customer” and unrepentant con man. In lieu of a fee, Blinky forks over stock in Rocky Mountain Treasures, Inc., and that’s where Lassiter’s problems begin. The stock is phony; Blinky’s partner is found dead; and Lassiter is the prime suspect.

To find the real killer, Lassiter follows a trail of evidence to an abandoned silver mine under the ski slopes in posh Aspen. That’s where a priceless artifact of the Old West may be buried: the missing Silver Queen statue from the 1893 World’s Fair. Or is that just a “Maltese Falcon,” the stuff dreams are made of?

Either way, a homicidal rancher is after the treasure, and so is Blinky. Then there’s Lassiter’s ex-girlfriend Jo-Jo, Blinky’s sister. Why is she suddenly trying to re-kindle the ancient romance with Jake?

It all leads to an explosive finale underground where Lassiter confronts his checkered past and his precarious future.

CRITICAL ACCLAIM FOR “FOOL ME TWICE”

“Wildly entertaining blend of raucous humor and high adventure.” – St. Louis Post-Dispatch

“A fast-paced thriller filled with action, humor, mystery and suspense. – The Miami Herald

“Delicious.” – Los Angeles Times

Paul Levine
Author of "FOOL ME TWICE"
Paul Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Is the book available anywhere other than at Amazon? A lot of us do not own Kindles and/or prefer to not buy from Amazon.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:35 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Is the book available anywhere other than at Amazon? A lot of us do not own Kindles and/or prefer to not buy from Amazon.
I found it at smashwords.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Thanks, Dreams, especially for the link.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Paul Levine
Connoisseur
Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paul Levine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Fool Me Twice" Also on Smashwords and Nook

Richard,
"Fool Me Twice" is also on Barnes & Noble Nook.

Meanwhile, please check out KINDLE NATION DAILY for an excerpt of "Fool Me Twice" plus my "interview" with Jake Lassiter.

Paul Levine
Author of the Jake Lassiter Series
Old 04-19-2011, 02:00 AM   #6
Paul Levine
Connoisseur

Good Reviews Make Me Smile...

A few reviews of "Fool Me Twice" that made me smile.

South Florida Sun-Sentinel:
“A sleazy client, a woman whose charms are exceeded only by her duplicity, and a seemingly penny-ante scheme that escalates by the hour: For Jake Lassiter, linebacker turned lawyer, it's business as usual. Fool Me Twice utilizes humor, action and impressive scenery to create a thriller that is as quickly paced as it is entertaining. As usual, Levine follows his own formula of an action scene that seems to drip with testosterone. And as usual, Levine has created an enjoyable thriller.”

St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
"Fool Me Twice finds Lassiter accused of murder and threatened with disbarment. He must leave his favorite Florida haunts for the harsh cold of Colorado. The quest is for a mysterious statue, the elusive Silver Queen, a late 19th-century version of the Maltese Falcon. Lassiter is a genuinely engaging character, that rarest of species, a lawyer who can laugh at himself. Add a whirlwind tour ranging from the Keys to the Rockies, and the result is a blend of raucous humor and high adventure."

Miami Herald:
"Fool Me Twice" is a fast-paced thriller, filled with action, humor, mystery and suspense. The story is framed by two of the sort of courtroom-drama scenes for which Levine, a lawyer and one-time Herald reporter, always does his best writing. Here he is at the top of his form. Lassiter is his usual funny and rueful self as he tries hard to believe in his friend and former lover, even as he uncovers what layers of betrayal have been woven around him."

[Image is on post #1 - MODERATOR]

Paul Levine

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-19-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #7
Paul Levine
Connoisseur

"Fool Me Twice," Number One Bestseller, FREE for a short time

"Fool Me Twice," the number one bestselling hard-boiled mystery, series entry, and legal thriller featuring Jake Lassiter, is FREE for a short time on Kindle..

Paul Levine
Old 11-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #8
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Also free at Smashwords!!!
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Just now got it from Amazon.

Thanks, Paul!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #10
OneandonlyDoc
Fearless Writer
OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OneandonlyDoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Just picked it up from Smashwords. I'll get to reading it soon (sometime after Nanowrimo, I think).
OneandonlyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida fiction, free ebooks, hard-boiled, jake lassiter, legal thriller, paul levine