Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
pepelepieux
pepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Forma
Bricked Aura

Hello,

I wished my first post on this forum would have been made under happier circumstances.

I was trying to tweak the margins and now my device is stuck in an infinite loop.

Could someone please send me their SD image? (I hope the Aura has a SD internal memory right?).

Thank you for your help.
pepelepieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As far as I know the Aura does NOT have an internal SD card.....

What f/w version was on your Aura prior to the mishap?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
pepelepieux
pepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to beholdpepelepieux is a marvel to behold

Hello Peter,

I was on 2.9
Old 11-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Which of the patcher's did you try using?
Old 11-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
pepelepieux

Thank you for your time.
I tried 'mz_readerpatch_aurahd261_03''.

I took it from here : http://rghost.net/47942441
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Even if you have a wrong or corrupted libnickel after patching, you should be able to do a factory reset. I don't know what kind of buttons the Aura has, but I guess:
Hold the power button down for about 15 to 20 seconds to make sure the device is off.
Hold down the light button and power the device on while keeping it held down.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

That was your first mistake. The patcher you used was NOT intended for 2.9.0, rather for 2.6.1.

We in the community try very hard to warn you about these issues but......

There is a 2.9.0 version

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=249

Additionally https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=220171 links to the various patches.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
pepelepieux

Tshering, I have tried all the solutions provided by Kobo (power slider to the right for 10 secondes, and soft reseting the device w ont work either).

Peter, thank you for the link, but first I need to find a way to make my PC see the Kobo.
When I plug the Kobo to the pc, the Aura ask me if I want to connect it to the PC. Unfortunatly the 'connect' icon is on the kobo screen and the screen is non responding.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepieux View Post
Tshering, I have tried all the solutions provided by Kobo (power slider to the right for 10 secondes, and soft reseting the device w ont work either).

Peter, thank you for the link, but first I need to find a way to make my PC see the Kobo.
When I plug the Kobo to the pc, the Aura ask me if I want to connect it to the PC. Unfortunatly the 'connect' icon is on the kobo screen and the screen is non responding.
In that case, it isn't actually bricked. The device is actually running, but, not working. A pedantic difference, but it could be important.

What tshering said should work, and he was serious about how long to hold the power slider in the off position. I usually hold it for at least 20 seconds. That ensures the device is off. Then, hold the light button down, push the slider and release, wait for the LED to start flashing and release the light button. If that doesn't work, try the complete sequence again. I have had to do it two or three times with my Glo for it to work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #10
pepelepieux

Success! The light button + power Slider did a hard reset of the device.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #11
pepelepieux

Thank you very much for your time.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #12
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepieux View Post
Thank you very much for your time.

I had chills down my spine for you, no internal SD card is scary! More in general, should anyone brick the aura, would that be it?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote